BANGKOK 23 May 2019 01:37
webfact

"Ai Moss" the rapist taken on reenactment of rape of Norwegian tourist in Koh Phangan

These reenactments really are ridiculous. Donning a blonde wig because? Who on god's green earth had that moronic and totally insensitive idea?

Reminds me of a foreign bird I knew here who had some kind of acid thrown on her on Lard Prao Road. She was invited back to the police station to identify the thrower. Little did she know that the press would be there and countless pictures would be taken. To paraphrase her thoughts on the whole ordeal at the  police station, "It felt like a photo opportunity for the police. To show people how wonderful they were at doing their jobs. It felt like it could have been any crime or any criminal. No one there cared about that. They just wanted the glory and attention". 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I really wish they could do away with these pointless reenactments, which serve no practical purpose, other than a photo op for the cops, but which doesn't take into consideration the feelings of the victim.

I think you are missing the point. Rapists usually get away with rape in the “civilized” world. Often on stupid technicalities. 

Making a crim recreate his crime makes it less likely he will try and deny it later. It is an enhanced confession. 

More effective than allowing him to “remain silent” behind lawyers.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

But but got to get in the photo shoot, let people believe we are actually doing something.

Great photo look at all the scrambled egg on the hats.

They did do something. They caught a fricken rapist who raped a tourist.

Coppers all smiling and having break from sitting around the office all day eating noodles. As evident in some of their waistlines. Lots of bling attached to the uniforms. A good job if you can afford the entry fees.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I think you are missing the point. Rapists usually get away with rape in the “civilized” world. Often on stupid technicalities. 

Making a crim recreate his crime makes it less likely he will try and deny it later. It is an enhanced confession. 

More effective than allowing him to “remain silent” behind lawyers.

They did do something. They caught a fricken rapist who raped a tourist.

Yes, if only civilised countries had the foresight to have middle-aged women don blonde wigs for reenactments of rape in order to successfully convict later, maybe they'd have a staggering '13% rape conviction' record, too. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:
news_aulxvfTVrp160541_533.jpg

OMG! Hollywood's best writers could not come up with this comedy.