BANGKOK 22 May 2019 09:40
webfact

Family of Canadian man who died ziplining in Chiang Mai calls for change

Bets are on that jacks“*ç%6t will happen, nothing will change and this tragic loss is booked as collateral damage - welcome to Thailand! 

If there's ghost of a chance that I will die, I won't be caught doing it.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:56 AM, SanookTeufel said:

Woah dude, I went to this exact place 3 years ago... Seems as safe as any zipline could be... It never occurred to me about metal fatigue though... I wonder how old the cables were?

Recycled form the cutty sark.in thailand participating in anything that involves the sky or sea for fun is dangerous.i get my adrenaline rush crossing Thai roads.

Thats a sad story. The picture a bit haunting. Looking into the eyes of another of thailands safety victims.

Seconds before his death.

^ From what i can see in the picture the wire rope clamps appear to be correct?

Looking at his sterum attachment point you can clearly see it is the wrong shaped carabiner, they are using a D shaped when it should be a carabiner named an 'OMNI', also look at the secondary lanyard used as his safety, it is running parallel to the spine opposite the gate, this will cause 3 way loading, if his weight suddenly dropped onto it in this configuration, and if  the gate wasn't locked properly it is possible that the carabiner snapped.   The whole thing about the wire snapping is IMO  smoke and mirrors, this to me looks like pure incompetence, and professionalism...surprised it hasn't happened before,

I wont even get started on the fact his shoulder straps are not folded and tucked away to prevent accidental snagging....

22 years working in the industry with Rope access certifications, i know what I'm talking about

This place should be closed down period...as they even lied about being a member of the association of challenge course , that in itself is cause for a lawsuit...

Edited by woozlewuzzle
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, webfact said:

Family of B.C. man who died ziplining in Thailand calls for change

it's a complete waste of time ;

it's like pissing in the wing 

The will never understand :post-4641-1156693976:

15 minutes ago, woozlewuzzle said:

This place should be closed down period...as they even lied about being a member of the association of challenge course , that in itself is cause for a lawsuit...

My understanding is that the owner of Flight of the Gibbon is a farang, an American.  Unless he's sold out since starting the place. 

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

My understanding is that the owner of Flight of the Gibbon is a farang, an American.  Unless he's sold out since starting the place. 

This is not  a Thai bash, incompetence happens in all places east and west Ive seen some shocking systems in place when working for UK companies in the middle east, just because it was owned by a westerner doesn't   mean he knows  what he is doing