Motorbike driver dies after smashing into trailer truck in Samut Prakan

webfact

Motorbike driver dies after smashing into trailer truck in Samut Prakan

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: นคร75/อาสาฯมูลนิธิร่วมกตัญญู เขตบางปู

60341821_2069022123207974_47796180285202

A motorbike driver has died after colliding with the rear of a trailer in Samut Prakan, south of Bangkok, last night.

Bangpu Police were notified of the incident on Sukhumwit Road in Bangpu Mai at 10pm.

Police and rescue workers arrived to find a body of the motorbike driver, 33 year old Amnart chockbandit, at the scene. Nearby they found the 300cc Kawasaki Ninja motorbike embedded in the back of the trailer.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/motorbike-driver-dies-after-smashing-into-trailer-truck-in-samut-prakan

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-15

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

When I saw the headline I thought this was a story I read yesterday, but it isn't. Just a repeat of an event we see every day. And there'll be another one tomorrow.

Quite often it happens because of how badly lit those trailers are. (in this case i see lights so the motorcycle driver must have been blind)

It is amazing how different the responses are on ThaiVisa when a motorcyclist dies.  In response to the recent story about an Englishman school teacher in Phuket dying in a motorbike accident there was great respect and sympathy (except for the one person questioning whether the driver was correctly wearing his helmet.)  But for this story about a Thai motorcyclist dying there is nothing but condescension and ridicule for the dead person.  This yet another example of how chronic ThaiVisa posters are so pathetically racist.

8 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

I suppose that the trucks rear light were working ? 

the truck showing lights would be helpful but not relevant. if the motorcyclist was riding appropriately to the conditions e.g. headlight on and at an appropriate speed for the conditions, and was paying attention he/she would have plenty of time to see a big truck.

27 minutes ago, Ondral said:

It is amazing how different the responses are on ThaiVisa when a motorcyclist dies.  In response to the recent story about an Englishman school teacher in Phuket dying in a motorbike accident there was great respect and sympathy (except for the one person questioning whether the driver was correctly wearing his helmet.)  But for this story about a Thai motorcyclist dying there is nothing but condescension and ridicule for the dead person.  This yet another example of how chronic ThaiVisa posters are so pathetically racist.

Very true, catch some of the commets about Thais, creatures, stupid, idiots, inhuman, monkeys and the beat goes on 

Archived