BANGKOK 24 June 2019 22:13
webfact

Who are you kidding? Online Thais pour scorn on "Pattaya 5G Smart City" claims

10 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Unholy .! Are they kidding .. It's the hole-est place you could ever visit  it's got more holes than a Swiss cheese .. and that's just the roads and pavements .. 

More holes than Blackburn Lancashire?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You mean to say the emperor is NAKED?!?

did the mother ship from the end of "Close Encounters" stop off and pick up the The Petronas Towers before going to warp? :cheesy:

Inked10pm.jpg.f2482f593645aff46d19784718916fcb_LI.jpg

• Haha 2

Nice to see the Thai population voicing some very sensible suggestions and observations. I might add that finding a solution to the seasonal flooding situation could be a bigger priority than installing a 5G system, especially as folks have mentioned that the technical wizards overseeing this stuff haven't been able to get 3G or 4G working properly yet.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

did the mother ship from the end of "Close Encounters" stop off and pick up the The Petronas Towers before going to warp? :cheesy:

Nah. That's Min's Bar on Soi Buakao before all those brawling Brits trashed it.

• Haha 1

well, maybe if they hooked up all the working CCTVs to wifi?  Save some cabling?  Or maybe the CCtvs already are wifi connected?

As I learned long ago, never let the truth stand in the way of a good story. :tongue:

• Like 1

Just add it to the long list of failures. 

I'm with TOT on the Dark Side.  If they can't get this to work on a Saturday night there's not a hope in hell for 5G!

This bit puzzled me - 

will inspire more start-ups in Thailand. 

I don't see how having 5G in Pattaya encourages start ups in the whole country.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Nice to see the Thai population voicing some very sensible suggestions and observations. I might add that finding a solution to the seasonal flooding situation could be a bigger priority than installing a 5G system, especially as folks have mentioned that the technical wizards overseeing this stuff haven't been able to get 3G or 4G working properly yet.   

Well social media got the "No thats a stupid idea part right" but they did not quite get the reasons right.....

For thoes who do not know 5G can not be broadcast from large towers...There needs to be mini towers covering a city... Like every block or more.....The radiation is a huge subject but besides that 5G is needed to make a total surveillance state work......

5G will be used to monitor you air-con users too....If you go over you daily allowance of electricity ,well you just might need to be spending some time at a re-education camp...lol

Politicians all over the world are tripping over each other to be the first to sell out their fellow man with 5G....Hell they would sell out their mothers if it would raise their job status one notch......

Edited by fforest1

On 5/15/2019 at 5:28 AM, kotsak said:

Given the giant village's reputation, I think the G is referring to the G-spot.

But 5 G spots would get you the  label of a butterfly 😂

Posted (edited)

Real 5G will take at least 5-10 years to roll out.

We're talking thousands of massive array antenna towers (MIMO) with up to 500 antenna per tower, and literally billions of tiny repeaters/transponders stuck onto everything that moves, and doesn't.

There will be repeaters on walls, and poles, trashcans, you name it.

That's 5G reality. 

If that infrastructure is not there, it's not 5G. 

Edited by Small Joke

30 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Real 5G will take at least 5-10 years to roll out.

We're talking thousands of massive array antenna towers (MIMO) with up to 500 antenna per tower, and literally billions of tiny repeaters/transponders stuck onto everything that moves, and doesn't.

There will be repeaters on walls, and poles, trashcans, you name it.

That's 5G reality. 

If that infrastructure is not there, it's not 5G. 

Yes, from what I've read there's a lot more towers required. But, as they say, don't let the details get in the way of a good story.

Same as the not very fast 4G they have already down to lack of infrastructure, as long as they think it's 4G and are told that, everyone's happy.