BANGKOK 25 May 2019 22:50
Lacessit

The Procrustean bed for retirees.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:50 PM, mngmn said:

Thai scammers just keep tightening the screws until their 'target' either refuses to pay or has no more money. Then they move on to another target. When the scam no longer works they invent a new scam.

Exactly.  Everyone's a target.  It's not a stable visa system here. 

You could live here for 20 years.  Have a wife, house, car, kids, maybe a business.  You have no more rights than a new tourists on a 30 day exemption stamp. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Exactly.  Everyone's a target.  It's not a stable visa system here. 

You could live here for 20 years.  Have a wife, house, car, kids, maybe a business.  You have no more rights than a new tourists on a 30 day exemption stamp. 

I left Thailand for many reasons but at the top of the list was the fact that it is impossible to feel secure in a relationship that is based on the bureaucratic whims of the Thai Government.

• Like 2

I left Thailand for many reasons but at the top of the list was the fact that it is impossible to feel secure in a relationship that is based on the bureaucratic whims of the Thai Government.
Yes. I call it aggressive insecurity.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Once again, you are thinking short term.

Fly In Fly Out workers.  Snowbirds.  Contract workers. Semi retired workers.  People who work 6 months and have 6 months off.  Oil and Gas workers.  People with passive incomes.

All of the above, are not piss poor pensioners.

Actually, many of the above, and their big money, have already left. 

Classifying the above people as "tourists" was a big mistake by the Thai authorities.  That's a considerable loss of revenue from these big spenders, but hey, the Chinese holiday package tourists is where the money is now.    
Show me where tourists are affected. All the drama now revolves around beleive it or not pensioners!

1 hour ago, mngmn said:

Completely miss your point?

That Thai immigration is jerking expats around. This season it's retirement visa people. 

• Like 1