Jump to content
BANGKOK
drbrit

Non-O for Marriage - Better to get Single or Multiple Entries

Recommended Posts

Be aware flying into Thailand on a tourist visa the airline may require exit ticket

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, noosard said:

Be aware flying into Thailand on a tourist visa the airline may require exit ticket

Always by a cheap flight out before coming  to show the airline,if they ask! Bkk to Malaysia ,2000bht 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you marry your Thai g/f in Australia you could apply direct for the Non O Visa either single or multiple entry.

 

You could then apply directly at your local IO for an extension based on marriage. Requires 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, or 40k transferred monthly to a Thai bank account.

In order to apply for the extension you would need to register your foreign marriage at your local Amphoe.

You should research for the requirements to get your marriage certificate legalised for acceptance in Thailand.

In the UK it must be legalised in the UK before entry to Thailand, whilst for the US their Embassy can legalise the marriage certificate. The requirement varies by Country.

 

These links may help;

https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/our-services/apostilles-authentications-certificates-of-no-impediment-to-marriage/Pages/apostilles-authentications-and-certificates-of-no-impediment-to-marriage.aspx

https://smartraveller.gov.au/services/legalising-documents/pages/default.aspx

Have your GF go to her  Amphor to ask for their requirements! They have a print out in Thai! I'm told some Amphor aren't the same for requirements!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Have your GF go to her  Amphor to ask for their requirements! They have a print out in Thai! I'm told some Amphor aren't the same for requirements!  

Regardless of the Amphoe, as a minimum a foreign marriage certificate must have been authenticated, legalised, translated and the translation legalised by the MFA.

Other Amphoe's require additional documents such as a certified copy of the foreigners passport, translated and legalised by the MFA.

 

The Amphoe cannot advise on the procedure for foreigners to follow from differing Countries in order to legalise foreign documents for use in Thailand.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Regardless of the Amphoe, as a minimum a foreign marriage certificate must have been authenticated, legalised, translated and the translation legalised by the MFA.

Other Amphoe's require additional documents such as a certified copy of the foreigners passport, translated and legalised by the MFA.

 

The Amphoe cannot advise on the procedure for foreigners to follow from differing Countries in order to legalise foreign documents for use in Thailand.

I'm told some Amphores want  certain doc's( certified copy passport from your embassy) others don't (copy of your passport picture page and your signature on it) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riclag said:

I'm told some Amphores want  certain doc's( certified copy passport from your embassy) others don't (copy of your passport picture page and your signature on it) 

That's in addition to the a foreign marriage certificate being authenticated, translated and legalised, in order to register a foreign marriage in Thailand.

 

For extensions based on marriage Immigration require a Kor Ror 2 or 22, from the Amphoe.

Kor Ror 2 denotes marriage at an Amphoe in Thailand

Kor Ror 22 denotes a foreign marriage, registered at an Amphoe.

Without a Kor Ror 2 or 22, the extension cannot proceed based on marriage.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

NO, You have to exit the country ON or BEFORE The 90th Day.....

I believe you have to report every 90 days to Immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I believe you have to report every 90 days to Immigration.

A single entry non-o visa only allows one 90 day entry.

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country if you do not stay that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A single entry non-o visa only allows one 90 day entry.

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country if you do not stay that long.

If you stay longer than 90 days, do you need to report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If you stay longer than 90 days, do you need to report?

The only way to stay longer is to apply for an extension of stay and the first extension application is considered as a 90 day report.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If you stay longer than 90 days, do you need to report?

If you stay longer than 90 days after entering on a Non O visa, this implies that you have applied for an extension of your permission to stay. Your first extension doubles as an automatic address report. If you (after the first extension) are then in Thailand for 90+ consecutive days, an address report becomes due.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If you stay longer than 90 days, do you need to report?

If you have a Visa or extension that allows you to stay for more than 90 days, then yes you must report every 90 days or within the specified window of 90 days depending on your method of making the report.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only way to stay longer is to apply for an extension of stay and the first extension application is considered as a 90 day report.

 

 

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

If you stay longer than 90 days after entering on a Non O visa, this implies that you have applied for an extension of your permission to stay. Your first extension doubles as an automatic address report. If you (after the first extension) are then in Thailand for 90+ consecutive days, an address report becomes due.

With exception of the O-A Visa which allows a 1 year entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, noosard said:

Be aware flying into Thailand on a tourist visa the airline may require exit ticket

Usually, if you have a visa, it is an error by the check in staff if they tell you you need an onward flight reservation. Almost all airlines follow the IATA guidelines that state an onward flight is only needed if entering visa exempt. If the airline insists on an onward flight with a tourist visa, they are likely to do so with any other kind of visa or re-entry permit. Use a different airline in future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

With exception of the O-A Visa which allows a 1 year entry.

An O-A (long stay) visa is not a Non O visa which is what the discussion was about. If you want to talk about other visa types, the O-X visa and Easy Access (Thailand Elite) visas also allow entries longer than 90 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...