Non-O for Marriage - Better to get Single or Multiple Entries

OK guys I have read this post & it seems people are confused so I will breakdown the visa cost for a Non O Multi Entry Visa based on Marriage, this does not include the travel or hotel & any additional fees as we all come from different parts of Thailand & like to stay at different hotels

STEP 1 Apply for Non O Multi Visa (5000 Baht) valid 1 year then go back to Thailand you will get 90 Days stamp (NOTE THE COST FOR A LAOS VISA IS AROUND $35 OR 1500 BAHT BEST TO PAY IN $ NOT BAHT AS YOU WILL SAVE MONEY)

STEP 2 When the 90 days are coming to an end go to your local IO & get an 60 day extension (1900 Baht)

(SO 150 DAYS IN TOTAL SO FAR WITHOUT LEAVING THAILAND AT A COST OF 6900 BAHT (Does not include Laos Visa fee)

STEP 3 When the 60 days are coming to an end go over the boarder (anyone) & come back in, you will get another 90 days 

STEP 4 Repeat Step 2 (60 DAYS 1900 BAHT) (SO IN TOTAL 300 DAYS SO FAR WITH 1 BOARDER RUNS & TOTAL COST SO FAR OF 8800 BAHT) (Does not include Laos Visa fee)  

STEP 5 Repeat Step 3 (90 DAYS BUT ONLY USE UNTIL YOUR VISA IS DUE TO EXPIRE) SO THE MAX IS 65 DAYS

(SO IF DONE CORRECTLY THIS WILL TAKE YOU UP TO 365 DAYS (when your visa expires) WITH SO FAR 2 BOARDER RUNS)

STEP 6 Repeat Step 3 (90 DAYS) (Do this just before your visa is about to expire to get another 90 day)

STEP 7 Repeat Step 2 (60 DAYS 1900 BAHT) (SO IN TOTAL 515 DAYS SO FAR WITH 3 BOARDER RUNS & TOTAL OF 10,700 BAHT) (Does not include Laos Visa fee)

So if done correctly you can get 515 days (17 months) max out of your 1 year multi Non O Visa 

TOTAL THAI VISA COST 10,700 (Non O Visa Plus & 3 x 60 day extensions) 

TOTAL LAOS VISA COST (4 x visitors visa $140 or 6000 Baht best to pay with crisp clean $ bills as it work out about 5600 Baht ) 

HOTELS & OTHER FEES (UP TO YOU ????)

YOUR PASSPORT WILL GET FULL QUICKLY AS LAOS VISA'S TAKE UP A WHOLE PAGE SO 4 PAGES IN 1 & HALF YEARS PLUS ANOTHER 1 & HALF PAGES VISA EXTENSION STAMPS SO IT MY BE BETTER TO GET THE BIGGER PASSPORT WITH MORE PAGES IF YOU ARE FROM THE UK.

• 1 month later...

Thank you gentleman for all the clarifying information.

I have one thing to add, if you do a border run (and passport space is an issue) you could fly to Cambodia($36) or Vietnam($25.96) for example and apply for an E-visa(if required) which is just a tiny stamp and is way more smooth than a trip to Laos.

This will compliment your life rather than an inhumane land trip.

My first question on this forum: when I get almost 17 months out of my non-O and apply for ONE extension to make the last possible entry within the year +60 days and let's say I make a trip and have still 10 weeks permit; would opting for an re-entry permit work in that case when I come back a week or 3 later and still be able to stay for 7 weeks?

This is a lot of layers and your impute is appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Sterone J said:

My first question on this forum: when I get almost 17 months out of my non-O and apply for ONE extension to make the last possible entry within the year +60 days and let's say I make a trip and have still 10 weeks permit; would opting for an re-entry permit work in that case when I come back a week or 3 later and still be able to stay for 7 weeks?

You could get a e-entry permit to keep the remainder of your permit to stay valid when you enter the country using it.

2 hours ago, Sterone J said:

This is a lot of layers and your impute is appreciated.

The validity of your Visa and the validity of permission of stay are different.

When you make that last possible entry just before the 'enter before' date of your Visa, you'll be granted  POS for a further 90 days (it isn't an extension).

If you wanted to leave/re-enter during those 90 days you need a re-entry permit to keep your POS valid.

If you got a further 60 day extension again you'd need a re-entry permit if you wanted to leave/re-enter during those 60 days.

The re-entry permit is only valid for the current POS you have.