Compare Low Cost Health plans for new Visa requirments

Does the OP know who has to buy insurance?  Is it all people getting a retirement extension in Thailand or only those getting a new O-A visa in their home countries?  If the OP does not know how can he sell insurance for a condition he does not understand? 

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Does the OP know who has to buy insurance?  Is it all people getting a retirement extension in Thailand or only those getting a new O-A visa in their home countries?  If the OP does not know how can he sell insurance for a condition he does not understand? 

With the thread titled:

Compare Low Cost Health plans for new Visa requirements

I think the OP knows exactly what he's talking about.

PS: The title and text does not mention extensions.

9 hours ago, AAInsuranceBrokers said:

low cost options

Are there any plans at all which would meet the cover for the 40k out-patient clause only - IE where one already has significantly higher in-patient cover then what is being suggested as they would not want to pay again or reduce their total cover?

Adding OP to an existing international policy is usually too prohibitive in cost terms.

37 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

With the thread titled:

Compare Low Cost Health plans for new Visa requirements

I think the OP knows exactly what he's talking about.

PS: The title and text does not mention extensions.

The guy has been a member selling insurance since 2012.  Surely he'd know if it applies to O-A Visa's only or extensions as I suspect it does.  

Pacific cross says "The insured has the ability to continuously renew the policy up to age 99 years, premium and coverage may be adjusted following the claim experience, health condition, increasing age."

Platinum I premium first year, 70,190 baht

If I submit a claim for 200,000 baht at 75 years of age how much will my premium go up the next year?

Thanks for the link to the Pacific Cross long-stay visa premiums table.  For folks over 60, the premiums are well over 10% of the maximum annual coverage benefits.  For folks over 70, it's almost 20%.  Compared to just keeping 400K in a bank account year-round in case it's needed, that's just throwing money away. 

It certainly didn't take Pacific Cross long to come up with that, did it?  I reckon the other insurance companies will design similar 40K outpatient / 400K inpatient plans along more or less the same pay structure now that government will dictate the market. 

If I were required to keep 400K in a health savings account, at least I'd know it was there in case I had a health emergency, including for preexisting conditions.  Requiring someone to pay 50-70K per year in premiums for insurance that may or may not ever pay out is nothing less than extortionate.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, topt said:

Are there any plans at all which would meet the cover for the 40k out-patient clause only - IE where one already has significantly higher in-patient cover then what is being suggested as they would not want to pay again or reduce their total cover?

@AAInsuranceBrokers bumping my post #8 as would appreciate a reply even if the answer is no.......

4 hours ago, topt said:

@AAInsuranceBrokers bumping my post #8 as would appreciate a reply even if the answer is no.......

I don't think you will get many answers.  It is a good question though.  I have A1A but no 40k outpatient which is of course a silly requirement.  I've been told someone with a little sense will drop that requirement but I doubt if we will get a comment here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived