Hepco & Becker lock

Briggsy

The lock connecting the Hepco & Becker box to the rack has worked itself loose. The box is now solely held on by a bungee cord. I tried a variety of lock shops but they wouldn't touch it. I don't really want to buy a new box given the price of them. Any suggestions in the Pattaya / Chonburi area?

I also have Hepco & Becker panniers and at some point my locks will come loose. I already put cords around them as a safety measure, don't want the flying off on the road. Interested in this topic as well.

There's an official Hepco dealer in BKK but not sure if they can repair them. Maybe you can hit them up, Briggsy?

SG Motor Shop

63/7-8 Rongmuang Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330 / Thailand
Mobile 08 1422 3598
E-mail: [email protected]

Yes, I will get the pictures up in a couple of days.

I am not completely sure where the looseness is occurring. It could be the cylinder is loose. It could be the little pacman-looking lock. It could be the two steel "wings" the lock fits into on the underside of the box.

However the result is it can be locked but it can be shaken loose by hand or will come loose by itself on the road. Bungee cord is essential to hold it on.

I won't forget the photos. I'll be back.

20190517_104453.thumb.jpg.43d5f4a45dccb5c6397cd8f8c3b86e99.jpg20190517_104540.thumb.jpg.b152c26d5994b59209fbfc89dc7cce59.jpg

In the first image, you can see the "wings" the lock fits into. They may be as they should be or possibly slightly bent.

In the second image, (and to a lesser extent in the first) you can see the lock, a circle shaped disc with a slice taken out of it, is bent over to one side.

I have a set of Hepco and Becker panniers and I had the same trouble a couple of years ago. I couldn't find them in Pattaya so I ordered them from this company in the UK, https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/?show . I don't remember the price but they weren't that expensive and they shipped them the same day that they received the payment. If you can't find them in Thailand this might be your best bet. 

38 minutes ago, Lucky33 said:

I have a set of Hepco and Becker panniers and I had the same trouble a couple of years ago. I couldn't find them in Pattaya so I ordered them from this company in the UK, https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/?show . I don't remember the price but they weren't that expensive and they shipped them the same day that they received the payment. If you can't find them in Thailand this might be your best bet. 

Hepco & Becker have an office in Thailand. It is somewhere like Pathum Thani. I have ordered stuff from them before. They also sell through Big Wing.

Rather than buy another box though, I would like to get the lock fixed if possible. I know they sell new lock cylinders.

Looking back at my paperwork, the only thing I can find relating to dealing with the Thai Hepco & Becker supplier is a bank transfer printout from 2014 (so just a bank account no.). I dealt with them by email. I think they didn't have a website.

Archived