BANGKOK 24 July 2019 15:26
webfact

Mandatory health insurance for foreigners aged over 50 in Thailand - why it may not affect you

53 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Somebody without the proverbial pot to p!ss in?

It's not just about putting it in, thats the easy part. Try getting it out. It was a nightmare trying to get 500,000 baht out.

• Like 1

10 to one it will be a sweep across the board. 

What a total mess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why would you want Immigration Officers verify this insurance when you arrive in Thailand ?? :blink:

No need. far easier to verify it in their foreign embassies or their local immigration offices.

yes but what about when O-A holders does a border run to come back in and stay for a second year?

Id say they will want to verify the insurance policy is still goes for 2nd year?

So will they check the paperwork at all borders?

or maybe they excuse us from doing the border runs and just show your paperwork at offices such as CW?

or everyone just end up getting 1 year of cover and thats it? 

11 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Thanks but this does not answer my question . My friend obtained his first type 0 based on retirement in Bangkok last year. Is he eligible to get a re-entry permit before expiration date which would give him a second year without applying for extension of stay ?

You friend is now in possession of a Non-Immigrant O visa which has not yet expired. On i it says number of entries. If it is 'M' this means multiple within expiration date.

With this in hand he can not apply for re-entry permit as he already has this permit.

If your friend is here on his 2nd year after Non-Immigrant O visa with en extension of permission to stay for RETIREMENT (which is not a visa) he can apply for re-entry permit but the given permit will expire the same date as the permission to stay.

So a re-entry permit can not 'give a second year'

• Like 1

A post containing a link to a foreign language site has been removed as this is an English language forum. English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

yes but what about when O-A holders does a border run to come back in and stay for a second year?
Id say they will want to verify the insurance policy is still goes for 2nd year?

So will they check the paperwork at all borders?

or maybe they excuse us from doing the border runs and just show your paperwork at offices such as CW?

or everyone just end up getting 1 year of cover and thats it? 

I don't think it will apply as activating a 2nd year is still with the original OA visa. When the visa expires and you apply for a new one (the misnamed "renewal") in your home country you will insurance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't think it will apply as activating a 2nd year is still with the original OA visa. When the visa expires and you apply for a new one (the misnamed "renewal") in your home country you will insurance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As i understand you can exit before the first year is up and come back in through IMMs at a land border to start the second year.

Im asking how and when they will verify you have the insurance for a 2nd year?

when you go through that border?

How will some somchai at Cambodian border read/ identify French or whatever insurance policys?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

I'm asking how and when they will verify you have the insurance for a 2nd year? when you go through that border?

I bet they won't. Not worth it.

BTW if you managed to get an Insurance to get your O-A Visa, why wouldn't you keep it for the second year? It's important to have one, mainly in a foreign country.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I bet they won't. Not worth it.

BTW if you managed to get an Insurance to get your O-A Visa, why wouldn't you keep it for the second year? It's important to have one, mainly in a foreign country.

because the premiums are too high for the inadequate 400,000 policy. not worth it

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

I'm asking how and when they will verify you have the insurance for a 2nd year?

5 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

because the premiums are too high for the inadequate 400,000 policy. not worth it

So as usual, the rules are not yet in application that some people are already trying to find a loophole to pay less, to pay half, ... :ermm:

28 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

So as usual, the rules are not yet in application that some people are already trying to find a loophole to pay less, to pay half, ... :ermm:

of course. its a shakedown

• Thanks 2

From what I hear the Story is based on a leak and there's been no official statement so better just wait a bit.

There will be thousands of policies in different languages and the Thais being mental giants won't even know where to start.

Sent from my star using Tapatalk

Next it'll be, insurance offered by three companies...... Prayut, Prayut and sons, and Prayuts brother........Of course all non refundable and totally useless when required..... " You no like, you go home"....... What has happened to this wonderful country ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1