Registering a new bike

Does anyone have experience registering a new bike without the home address in the work permit?

The shop where I bought the bike got a copy of my passport and work permit, but they said they need a confirmation of my address from my Embassy. I went to the German Embassy and they told me they no longer provide the form (which is as well needed for the drivers license). They suggested the immigration, but when I went they had no clue what I was talking about.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Your work permit does not contain your Address? (I had heard that work permits no longer contain address - so your comments seem to confirm this). 

The German Embassy does not provide Notorial services Affirming your Address - this seems odd, perhaps give them a call and explain your situation. 

IF you have been in Thailand longer than 90 days and filed a 90 day report you should be able to get a Proof of Residence document from Immigration (Chaeng Wattana). If they didn't know what you were asking for it means you were talking to someone who was too dim to help, try again with someone else - search online and try and find the 'Proof of Residence document' in Thai - this may make things simpler for translation. 

If you own your apartment or partner owns the house, you should be able to get yourself added to your 'house / apartment' book (if renting, I don't think this is an option).

It looks like a tricky situation, especially if your Embassy are not going to help with the Affirmation of Residence. 

I think you need a "Certificate of Residence". That´s something you get from Immigration. 500 Baht for as many copies you want. Take more than one because you will need it for registration of the bike and the drivers license

Google image search: certificate of residence thailand

If you show it to them they will understand you.

The requirements to get it are different in each province. If you are in Bangkok you need to have submitted a 90 day report before they will issue you this.

Archived