WARNING to VFS global / visa4uk Visa costumers

We applies for Visa,s for my partner and her daughter at visa4uk Trendy Building, Bangkok in Dec 2018 and received the passports and visa,s back in Jan 19. I then purchased air tickets from bkk to London. When we got to Suvanipuni in April, Emirates would not let us board.

On the daughters visa, in a small area THEY had put her mom and chaperones, OLD passport number. At the Emirates check in I tried to reason with the Emirates staff, to no avail. Went back to visa4uk Bangkok next day and they, knowing THEIR mistake, eventually, sent us to the UK Embassy in Bangkok, for the new amended visa, that day. We then had to buy NEW emirates air tickets, cost nearly 2grand !.

Now I am trying to find who is accountable. Tying to contact VFS or visa4uk for weeks, they are well below the radar when they mess up. Anyone know a direct contact for VFS global or visa4uk, or a company that might take  this further.

Many Thanks

Subject to what others (and, in particular, the experts on such issues) may say, I fear that this might well be considered a case of "caveat emptor". In other words, the onus was on you to check that your step-daughter's visa details were 100% correct before you went ahead and booked the original Emirates air tickets.

That said, if you are still minded to pursue this matter further, your best course of action would probably be to submit a formal complaint in accordance with procedures set out on the GOV.UK website:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

I think it is a bit much to put this on the applicant, the initial mistake was without doubt made by VFS. Unfortunately, I have been through the complaint process with them and there is zero accountability. I would still complain though as you may get more joy than me.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

Subject to what others (and, in particular, the experts on such issues) may say, I fear that this might well be considered a case of "caveat emptor". In other words, the onus was on you to check that your step-daughter's visa details were 100% correct before you went ahead and booked the original Emirates air tickets.

I think you are right.

I would guess that you will get a response but I doubt you will get much else. It looks like you have left to too late.

Email or write to us if:

• you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct
  • the incident happened within the last 3 months

Complaints should be made no later than 3 months after the date of the incident unless there are exceptional circumstances.

I think it is a bit much to put this on the applicant, the initial mistake was without doubt made by VFS.
Whilst I’m no fan of VFS, indeed I’ve complained about them myself twice, and on both occasions they resolved my complaint satisfactory, I don’t see how VFS could be blamed for this.
Their role is no more than sending the supporting evidence to the UKVI for a the decision to be made, they couldn’t be expected to know the decision maker would mess up the application, and of course they wouldn’t see the end result, though you’ve never suggested they would.
Clearly the ECO has made a mistake, and even though it was one that the applicant should have picked up earlier, it’s wrong that there is no accountability.
I suspect that the UKVI will apologise, but I expect they won’t offer any sort of compensation but will simply pass the buck back to the applicant reminding them of their advice to check visas thoroughly.

1982478881_ScreenShot2019-05-16at11_06_22.png.0fe024e3a453ae197c166f79d384f5eb.png

7 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Whilst I’m no fan of VFS, indeed I’ve complained about them myself twice, and on both occasions they resolved my complaint satisfactory, I don’t see how VFS could be blamed for this.
Their role is no more than sending the supporting evidence to the UKVI for a the decision to be made, they couldn’t be expected to know the decision maker would mess up the application, and of course they wouldn’t see the end result, though you’ve never suggested they would.
Clearly the ECO has made a mistake, and even though it was one that the applicant should have picked up earlier, it’s wrong that there is no accountability.
I suspect that the UKVI will apologise, but I expect they won’t offer any sort of compensation but will simply pass the buck back to the applicant reminding them of their advice to check visas thoroughly.

clearly there are major problems at a systematic level https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/vfsglobal.com

2 hours ago, darren1971 said:

1982478881_ScreenShot2019-05-16at11_06_22.png.0fe024e3a453ae197c166f79d384f5eb.png

clearly there are major problems at a systematic level https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/vfsglobal.com

And yet, when it comes to UK passport renewals from Thailand under the tortuous process we are expected by HMPO to endure these days, people consistently praise VFS Global on here to the highest heavens as if they were the best thing since sliced bread! I can therefore only infer from this that they are some Jekyll and Hyde organisation!!

49 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And yet, when it comes to UK passport renewals from Thailand under the tortuous process we are expected by HMPO to endure these days, people consistently praise VFS Global on here to the highest heavens as if they were the best thing since sliced bread! I can therefore only infer from this that they are some Jekyll and Hyde organisation!!

I think some people have no problems so they consider that sufficient proof that everything is ok. The great wealth of evidence suggests otherwise.

2 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Maybe you could enlighten us all and clarify exactly how VFS could be blamed for the mistake that was apparently made by the ECO on this occasion?

Enlightenment comes from within, look there.

Whoever is to blame the HO, ECO's and VFS are all failing and you'll find the vast majority agree with that

Exactly. Most would be queuing up to give a bad review if they'd had a visa refused even if they forgot something or didn't submitted a visa correctly. And as we all know VFS has no input into the decision making but for many people that would make no difference and they would give a bad review.

13 hours ago, darren1971 said:

Whoever is to blame the HO, ECO's and VFS are all failing and you'll find the vast majority agree with that

I do, however, think that the buck stops with the Home Office when it comes to shambolic UK visa/passport renewal procedures/experiences. They are the piper playing the tune. VFS as their agents are merely dancing to said tune.

11 hours ago, rasg said:

Exactly. Most would be queuing up to give a bad review if they'd had a visa refused even if they forgot something or didn't submitted a visa correctly. And as we all know VFS has no input into the decision making but for many people that would make no difference and they would give a bad review.

Read the reviews, most have had no decision but experience problems with paying, lost documents, system failure, contradictory emails.

Reading is a great way to educate

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

I do, however, think that the buck stops with the Home Office when it comes to shambolic UK visa/passport renewal procedures/experiences. They are the piper playing the tune. VFS as their agents are merely dancing to said tune.

yes but their sub-contractors are failing too, 

"Sopra Steria, a French company that was last year awarded a £91m contract by the Home Office to deliver a “streamlined application process” for people applying for visas or settlement from within the UK, has come under fresh scrutiny after around 100 applicants were told their appointments had been cancelled and could not be immediately rescheduled."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-immigration-croydon-queue-sopra-steria-a8867706.html

OK. My wife has two visit visas (the 2nd for two year) and her settlement visa. Zero issues and never received a phone call to clarify anything. They sailed through. You applied for a first visit visa for your girlfriend. Refused. We spent a lot time and a total of 30 emails changing your sponsor letter and nothing else. The visa was granted.

Over 95% of visa applications are successful. Hundreds of thousands of people successfully apply for visas for the UK from many countries outside the EEA.

Does VFS have issues? Occasionally yes. Do the successful applicants come on here and tell everybody. Not that many. Do the refusals come on here and whine that they have been refused. Of course they do. But many come on here to ask for help because they have had a visa refused.

Sopra Steria have a new system that will take time to bed in. I've never known a computer project of that size work perfectly from the start and VFS going digital is no exception.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:18 PM, FracturedRabbit said:

I registered a complaint yesterday. I expect zero response; but it made me feel better!

Amazingly, we did get a response! A lady from VFS called my wife today to apologise, ask more about her experience so she could try and improve things in the future. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, theoldgit said:

YES VFS serve no purpose whatsoever and are just corruption western style. How can they be accountable when they actually do nothing or serve no purpose ?

On 5/17/2019 at 12:13 PM, OJAS said:

yes and who was the architect of this current system ? step forward Theresa <deleted> May.

Not getting the criticism of VFS. They simply collect the documents, do some basic checks and pass everything over to the immigration of the country. VFS dont approve or deny visa's.

VFS is just the mailman in-between the applicant/agent and the UK immigration. 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, rasg said:

OK. My wife has two visit visas (the 2nd for two year) and her settlement visa. Zero issues and never received a phone call to clarify anything. They sailed through. You applied for a first visit visa for your girlfriend. Refused. We spent a lot time and a total of 30 emails changing your sponsor letter and nothing else. The visa was granted.

Over 95% of visa applications are successful. Hundreds of thousands of people successfully apply for visas for the UK from many countries outside the EEA.

Does VFS have issues? Occasionally yes. Do the successful applicants come on here and tell everybody. Not that many. Do the refusals come on here and whine that they have been refused. Of course they do. But many come on here to ask for help because they have had a visa refused.

Sopra Steria have a new system that will take time to bed in. I've never known a computer project of that size work perfectly from the start and VFS going digital is no exception.

My wife has had 6 successful visit visa applications all sanctioned without question but in the last 2 years (current application still in course) the process with VFS and the outsourcing to India has led to huge delays at the VFS Trendy building.  

The online system constantly crashed when we were doing her application, (both Government and VFS sites) and while I have no doubts about the documents we prepared, I still worry about the outcome of the current application as I have no confidence in the documents having been received intact at the other end.  12 working days since interview and counting, still waiting for Visa.  Last year it was issued on 16th working day after interview but before the outsourcing to India they always came back in 5-10 days.

There are too many links in the chain now.

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not getting the criticism of VFS. They simply collect the documents, do some basic checks and pass everything over to the immigration of the country. VFS dont approve or deny visa's.

VFS is just the mailman in-between the applicant/agent and the UK immigration. 

They serve no purpose, why can't I mail my own documents ? why do they need to exist ?

3 minutes ago, parryhandy said:

They serve no purpose, why can't I mail my own documents ? why do they need to exist ?

Because the embassy/immigration would need to employ 5-10 people to process the mail each day. There would still be people posting in, out of date passports, incomplete forms etc. VFS can at least screen out the obvious invalid applications. 

The embassy can get by with minimal staff and processing facilities. instead of 20 people processing invalid and incomplete applications, they can cut it down to 2 people processing complete and valid applications.

55 minutes ago, gmac said:

My wife has had 6 successful visit visa applications all sanctioned without question but in the last 2 years (current application still in course) the process with VFS and the outsourcing to India has led to huge delays at the VFS Trendy building.  

The online system constantly crashed when we were doing her application, (both Government and VFS sites) and while I have no doubts about the documents we prepared, I still worry about the outcome of the current application as I have no confidence in the documents having been received intact at the other end.  12 working days since interview and counting, still waiting for Visa.  Last year it was issued on 16th working day after interview but before the outsourcing to India they always came back in 5-10 days.

There are too many links in the chain now.

VFS does a basic check on the application and sends it to UK embassy/immigration. What aspect of that has been outsourced to India ?

VFS doesn't do visa's or passports, they collect the documents check they are complete with valid passport etc, then send them on to government immigration offices.

Besides an on-line system to book an appointment, VFS doesn't have an on-line system for visa/passport applications.

Archived