1st Non-O Immigrant Visa based on marriage, what's the easier way?

I'm just get married and obtained the marriage certificate on a METV that will expire in mid June. Before this, I need to get a Non-O-Immigrant Visa based on marriage. It will be my first experience, so I hope all the process will be the easiest as possible. I have read some posts published here talking about Savannakhet. There are other destinations? For example anyone have experience with the Embassy in Vientiane?

Thank you for ALL the reply

You can only get a single entry non-o in Vientiane.

In Savannakhet you can get a single or multiple entry non-o visa. The multiple entry non-o allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You could get a single entry non-o visa and extend the 90 day entry from it for 1 year based upon marriage at a immigration office. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

After done all the procedure in Laos, there will be any problems to re-enter in Thailand?

I already done the first run after (3 months + extension), I went to Cambodia, and had got some problems and be blocked at the border by immigration officer who needs 20k baht and flight back ticket.

14 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Another question: my METV will expire on 23th of June. How many days should left from the visa to obtain the Non-O-Visa based on marriage in Savannakhet or Vientiane?

If you are writing about the 60 day entry from a METV the number of days you have remaining on it when you leave the country will not matter since you will have no days remaining as soon as a departure stamp is done.

What is the expiration date of your METV?

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are writing about the 60 day entry from a METV the number of days you have remaining on it when you leave the country will not matter since you will have no days remaining as soon as a departure stamp is done.

What is the expiration date of your METV?

METV have 6 months of validity, will expire on 23th June. The last 2 months stamp allow me to stay 'till 15th of June.

If I'll go to Laos, for example, the first week of June, there will be any problems? 

Edited by zhounan

1 minute ago, zhounan said:

METV have 6 months of validity

There are two unrelated dates.

One is the enter before date on your Visa, that is the last day you could enter before the Visa expires.

The second date is the permission to stay date on your last entry stamp.

The validity of your Visa and the validity of your permission to stay are entirely different.

What is the enter before date on your Visa and what is the permission to stay date on your last entry stamp.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was from the date it was issued. What is the valid until date on the visa sticker.

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There are two unrelated dates.

One is the enter before date on your Visa, that is the last day you could enter before the Visa expires.

The second date is the permission to stay date on your last entry stamp.

The validity of your Visa and the validity of your permission to stay are entirely different.

What is the enter before date on your Visa and what is the permission to stay date on your last entry stamp.

I edited the post before. Thanks for help, it is my first Non-O

33 minutes ago, zhounan said:

METV have 6 months of validity, will expire on 23th June. The last 2 months stamp allow me to stay 'till 15th of June.

If I'll go to Laos, for example, the first week of June, there will be any problems? 

If you do a border run to Lao on 15th June, you can re-enter on the METV and be granted permission to stay for another 60 days, which you can extend for another 60 days taking you to around Oct 11th, before you need to visit a Thai Embassy/Consulate to apply for the Non O Visa based on marriage.

Also two options when applying for the Non O Visa. Single or multiple entry.

The multi is valid 1 year, each entry allow unlimited entries for 90 days. You can also extend each 90 days by another 60 days at Immigration. If used correctly you can stay almost 17 months with only 3 border crossings, before obtaining a new Non O Visa.

This can be obtained at The Savannakhet Consulate with no financial proof required.

If it is your intention to obtain extensions of stay based on marriage at local Immigration, then you only require the single entry Non O Visa. Financial proof is required for annual extensions at Immigration offices.

Edited by Tanoshi

39 minutes ago, zhounan said:

No problem to apply for a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane. If going to there you need to make an appointment now to do the application. See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Same to apply single or a multiple entry non-o visa is Savannakhet but no appointment is needed.

50 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you do a border run to Lao on 15th June, you can re-enter on the METV and be granted permission to stay for another 60 days, which you can extend for another 60 days taking you to around Oct 11th, before you need to visit a Thai Embassy/Consulate to apply for the Non O Visa based on marriage.

Also two options when applying for the Non O Visa. Single or multiple entry.

The multi is valid 1 year, each entry allow unlimited entries for 90 days. You can also extend each 90 days by another 60 days at Immigration. If used correctly you can stay almost 17 months with only 3 border crossings, before obtaining a new Non O Visa.

This can be obtained at The Savannakhet Consulate with no financial proof required.

If it is your intention to obtain extensions of stay based on marriage at local Immigration, then you only require the single entry Non O Visa. Financial proof is required for annual extensions at Immigration offices.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to apply for a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane. If going to there you need to make an appointment now to do the application. See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Same to apply single or a multiple entry non-o visa is Savannakhet but no appointment is needed.

Thank You