Ho Chi Minh City Multiple Entry Non-O Visa (Marriage) - Report

7 minutes ago, elcaro said:

So walked from that line and to the real immigration. The officer asked what I was doing here and when I was leaving. Then asked to show my ticket out.

They've never asked me to see a ticket out, only the check-in air crew want to see that.

(already been twice this year)

You should have stayed a week, it's a fun city.

I usually take Thai Baht, exchange rate is good, no need for Dollars

Put busapp on your smartphone, use the bus to get everywhere, very cheap.

Plenty of hotels and guesthouses (300bht/night and up) around September park (and the airport bus stops there $1 or 20kVND)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

2. and 3. not required.

They may not be required but they were taken. While the other documents that I provided and were not needed, they gave back.

In my experience it's better take to many documents than to little.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

They've never asked me to see a ticket out, only the check-in air crew want to see that.

They did ask me. My IO was a young man.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I do look young so maybe they only ask potential backpackers...

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"Dear Sir, please give my husband a VISA so he can visit me for one year"

Written in Thai.

Thanks Britman -   Is there a copy on the application form online anywhere for this.

Note for Aussie passport holders you will need a visa to visit Vietnam which can be partially done online!

Edited by shadowmaster1971

Slightly off topic but for future reference, has anyone who's done a non O marriage multi entry from Australia know if it's mandatory for the invitation letter to be hand written ? Or can it be typed with a hand signed signature ? Cheers

3 minutes ago, UbonEagle said:

Slightly off topic but for future reference, has anyone who's done a non O marriage multi entry from Australia know if it's mandatory for the invitation letter to be hand written ? Or can it be typed with a hand signed signature ? Cheers

I don't think a handwritten letter is mandatory anywhere. It can be typed in Thai and signed by your wife.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I know this question is almost impossible to answer but I'll ask anyway. I'm now in HCMC and will be leaving tomorrow. Just wondering how likely they will check I'll have enough funds (20.000thb) at the airport (Don Mueng). I just got my visa multi non-o based on marriage. Passport is pretty empty and I'm from Scandinavia...

I just don't like to take out too much dongs with me...

51 minutes ago, ReinDeerMan said:

Just wondering how likely they will check I'll have enough funds (20.000thb) at the airport (Don Mueng).

Not very likely at all. I do not recall any recent reports of them asking for it when a person had a non-o visa to use for entry.