BANGKOK 21 May 2019 03:24
Dory60

Lonely In Thailand.

21 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Definitely a bored dude pretending to be a chick. That's my verdict anyway.

I think the poster claiming to be a digital nomad and that digital nomads make a few hundred k/year on average, was a much better gambit.

I'm surprised he didn't get more bites. Plus I was at fault with hindsite for pointing out that it was a troll, maybe it would have taken off if I'd waited.

This one is more and more obvious.

I also go for "Definitely".

I was just writing more breaking it down for those who don't get it, but then deleted it - don't want to discourage other ghosts, someone may come up with an amusing one.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Haha 1

If you're going to be here a while learning Thai can be rewarding.  Be sure to learn to read & write as well as speak & listen.  Push yourself!

Also, if you're at all interested in Buddhism, this is a good place to be.

5 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Many years ago in Loei, I would wander the streets and the marketplace and practice my meager Thai on Mom & Pop shopkeepers who were sitting outside.  And smile a lot.  I'd say about the same thing to a dozen people in a row,  55.  Loei had very few foreigners then, and it was boring.

I also liked to browse for locally made trinkets and whatnot. One day I was in the clothing area of the day market and happened to greet a seller (who spoke a tiny bit of English) and her sister.  A little chit-chat and I asked if she had a handmade pha khao ma for sale.  She did, but not with her.  We arranged to meet at the Wat later, as there was a big Buddhist holiday shindig.  We became acquainted and I later hired her sister to do my laundry.  Married the sister 40 years ago. 🙂

It’s a good long-term strategy, but the OP would need to tailor it for her own circumstances, and perhaps adjust her long-term goals as well

There’s a single lady lives not far from me in a not dissimilar predicament.

She’s not one of the lads, she does not have expat colleagues, perhaps is not close to her local colleagues, and is maybe not easily pigeon-holed, so that people find her hard to deal with.

1 hour ago, Essex Reject said:

Hiya Dory!! I'm in Rayong, I can be your buddy anytime!!

I’m only amazed it took 30 posts.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dory60 said:

Oh really...

So women aren't allowed to post in the General section? Is this forum segregated by gender?

Sorry to say but I think that's a trifle sexist, dear.

60027943_2290949061165058_6509300456399831040_n.jpg.4ba56837fe36a5347d01a78615c0dc0f.jpg

15 hours ago, Dory60 said:

Oh really...

So women aren't allowed to post in the General section? Is this forum segregated by gender?

Sorry to say but I think that's a trifle sexist, dear.

I guess he meant that you'ld get better answers from the women. Men don't understand women, it's a fact.

16 hours ago, Dory60 said:

Hi Jimmy,

To be honest with you I'm OK with it. Of course I've heard all the crazy stories about Pattaya and what goes on over there etc but as I am just along for the ride I don't like to interfere too much with his life outside of work. I'm pretty sure he isn't up to anything seedy though (well, I sure hope not!)

17 hours ago, grollies said:

This is simply untrue IF you can learn the language Thai people are really friendly. At least round here they are. 

as you said """round here....'"" meaning each place is different..... because in my '''round here...''' they are not very open to communications

If your husband works offshore....what made you choose Rayong. Pattaya would be far better with many more expat wides and social groups available. Move should be high on the agenda.