laptop for student

jvs

It is going to be her first laptop and she does not really know either.

I think the budget is 15kbaht,i have seen some for that price.

I will try to find out more but she does not not what she wants to study,she still has a while to make up her mind.

My opine is get the tallest monitor possible.  I got a screaming fast laptop at work and at home.  Each has reasonably wide screen, but not tall enough.  The test?? take a standard  8.5 " x 11 " piece of paper and if that doesn't fit standing up in the monitor space, than your monitor is too small.

If you want to buy a good and reliable notebook look at Lenovo ThinkPad. They do the job and are sturdy.

They are designed for work and not for games.

And they are designed to function and not to have the newest gimmick look.

But if the 16 year old student wants something like this that is a different question.

18 minutes ago, killerbeez said:

Any laptop for 15,000 baht is going to be just fine for a student.

It's really just a matter of screen size/portability.

Agree but would add battery life as well and not Lenovo unless a "Thinkpad".  Last year, I helped a friend buy a laptop for her niece, close to the same age as the OP's daughter.  We settled for an Asus WA-402 (Win-10, 14" display 500gb HD, AMD processor) for about B9000 from Lazada.  It has held up well and has had no issues.  This model is no longer listed as available but the Asus models suggested by other posters look pretty good.  The Lenovo Thinkpad line is excellent but not the Lenovo consumer line sold in most stores...they have a poor record and if the same as a few years ago, horrendous service.  I learned that the hard way. (Thikpads are not serviced by the same service as the consumer line) 

4 hours ago, killerbeez said:

The Lenovo IdeaPad 330 is less than 15,000 baht.

This gets extra attention because it has 8GBs of RAM whereas most laptops in this range have just 4GBs of RAM.

The downside is that it's big and heavy. 

https://www.advice.co.th/product/notebook/notebook-lenovo/notebook-lenovo-ideapad-330-81d200j9ta-black-

Youngsters tend to want a laptop which is light enough to carry around and looks at least a little bit stylish. For what most of them are going to to with them as their first laptop, higher spec not really necessary unless they are hard core gamers which hasn't been flagged by the OP.

52 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Absolutely not. She is sixteen, not six.

You think the girl in the video is six? PS I'm still using an old Asus 11.6" X202E laptop. Only 2GB of RAM and a little heavier than the E203.

33 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

You think the girl in the video is six? PS I'm still using an old Asus 11.6" X202E laptop. Only 2GB of RAM and a little heavier than the E203.

You are not sixteen. Both laptops are unacceptable.

Celeron CPU on par with the Celeron processor in my nine year old Toshiba laptop, low resolution screen and totally out of date HDD on the E203. Just terrible.

An SD card for storage on the E406. Another cheap and nasty toy.

It is going to be Asus 14x412ua.

She does not want a really big/heavy one and there is not much available where she is.The shop she is getting it also does build and repairs so hopefully it will be ok.

advice please?  ( The answer is in your question..)

Advice shops are all over the country and the best place to find an affordable notebook. Please don't buy an ACER, look for a Toshiba, Dell, HP, Lenovo, or other good brands.

The second link shows some Dell notebooks. They come with a three-year warranty. 

https://www.advice.co.th/

https://www.advice.co.th/product/notebook?category=notebook-dell

Archived