Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 July 2019 13:20
snoop1130

Mandatory health insurance for non-immigrant O-A retirement visa holders likely to take effect in July

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, humbug said:

someone posted the link thread on the guy working for the health industry with his call centre chasing unpaid bills, at the end of the article he states the stages, first stage one group of foreigners, final stage tour company foreigners all requiring insurance, yes its a sellout of immigration to the health industry, yes  the plan might not work or only be left at the first stage, who knows with this crime gang, how long they can stay around, but thats maybe the reason why 30-40 million foreigners was put in the nation article, even with lost in translation, if their whole plan succeeds, thats 30-40 million people on various stays etc paying 50-100 billion baht to the health industry every year, thats the whole point of their wacko greed plan, when you have a crime gang happily sell elephants, forests etc they will happily sell out foreigners to the health industry.

 

i also think agents will make an extra killing in all of this and good luck to them and those that use them, because this feels like one big almighty scam

The sellout is to the insurance industry, not to the health industry. 

The bills in Thai clinics or hospitals are not that expensive, yet private health insurances might refuse to pay them - and in the end nothing would change then. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, Pattaya46 said:

I struggle to understand all the figures given in this article ??

Mainly:

Surely that is fully incorrect. I would bet tens or hundreds thousands at max, no?

Absolute garbage. It took me less than 10 minutes research to cut them to pieces.

Here's just one item:

561393189_Retirementnumbers.PNG.0d76e7c52b8aaf9b17992a9c82fdc098.PNG

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I think they are being unfair to those who need to have health insurance to start it on 1 July.  They should give a year of grace to get the insurance.  It will not be easy for those over 70 to find a health insurance company to take you.  It is not going to happen overnight.

They don't care.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 9:26 PM, Isaanbiker said:

The requirement was introduced because foreign expats have piled up unpaid medical bills of more than Bt300 million since 2016. 

 

   How many of them were direct neighbors, or generally from SEA?

 

    Watching locals subtracting 10 baht from 100 baht by using a calculator makes me think. How accurate is this statistic then? 

 

    

Inaccurate? - That's an understatement! - It took me 10 minutes research to find out this ranks as Thailand's best ever attempt at rubbery figures

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Extension of stay will require it.
Who knows?! All Immigration law can change. The current plans however only affect OA visas which can only be applied for in the applicant's home country.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really want to see more of a breakdown of the statistics. Just who are the nationalities skipping out on their bills? People from those countries should be targeted and the others left alone. Just as with the letters of income.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is new scamming from the politicians, how many stocks do these people some decide this in the various insurance companies.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Really want to see more of a breakdown of the statistics. Just who are the nationalities skipping out on their bills? People from those countries should be targeted and the others left alone. Just as with the letters of income.

Don’t get the income letter connection with not paying medical bills, please explain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Don’t get the income letter connection with not paying medical bills, please explain!

Only three nations were targeted with the letter of income disqualification based, supposedly, on their fraud. Similarly, Thai Immigration should list just which countries' citizens are responsible for not paying their medical bills. As with the letters, sanction those countries' citizens and not the ones whose citizens are paying up or barely causing a problem. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, micmichd said:

The sellout is to the insurance industry, not to the health industry. 

The bills in Thai clinics or hospitals are not that expensive, yet private health insurances might refuse to pay them - and in the end nothing would change then. 

 

i understand why you replied to my 'health industry' and why i didn't use 'insurance' but i am looking at the whole not the part, and i say this because the large private hospitals will also be behind this, not just insurance companies, it all means more money for the whole eg ministries, hospitals, insurance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Only three nations were targeted with the letter of income disqualification based, supposedly, on their fraud. Similarly, Thai Immigration should list just which countries' citizens are responsible for not paying their medical bills. As with the letters, sanction those countries' citizens and not the ones whose citizens are paying up or barely causing a problem. 

Amazing logic!🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 9:49 PM, gunderhill said:

Can we have the statistics for corruption losses  in Thailand for the last 3  years also? or maybe they don't have a calculator  big  enough? I bet that figure would be most interesting!!

I reckon this junta have ""0 baht left in the coffers  but maybe the accs. dept told them otherwise, seems they're trying to screw  money any which way they can.

 

Trillions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I struggle to understand all the figures given in this article ??

Mainly:

Surely that is fully incorrect. I would bet tens or hundreds thousands at max, no?

100% it's incorrect!

 

I had to re-read it a couple of times to check my eyes were'nt deceiving me!

 

So, in a country of just under 70 million, over half of them are expat retirees!? hahahaha! Where the hell are these figures from!?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...