BANGKOK 24 June 2019 22:14
snoop1130

Mandatory health insurance for non-immigrant O-A retirement visa holders likely to take effect in July

Can someone tell me how this applies to teachers generally our insurance is with a designated hospital but the amounts of actual insurance are so low in some cases you have to pay it all yourself and then of course. If you don't have the money what happens then.  i reckon the government just figures we are all covered but frankly its rubbish my outpatients cover is 800 baht a day so i had to spend 3000 baht myself on anti biotics ... its frankly a waste of time
It doesn't apply to teachers. It only applies to people applying for the one year OA visa or 5/10 year OX visa for which you have to be over 50 and which does not allow you to work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It doesn't apply to teachers. It only applies to people applying for the one year OA visa or 5/10 year OX visa for which you have to be over 50 and which does not allow you to work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

the article said it applied to "renewals" as well

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

the article said it applied to "renewals" as well

Indeed, renewals for the OA visa. It seems that that is the context of renewal in that brief paragraph. And as pointed out by # post 571 if was going to be all inclusive you would expect a lot more than a short paragraph ,even a non official paragraph. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 11:21 AM, pagallim said:

This information has been on that website some years and is incorrect. 

Likely they meant to say Extension.... hey a lot of people confuse Extension and Visa!

The Ministry of the Interior does not issue Visas, that would be the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Indeed, renewals for the OA visa. It seems that that is the context of renewal in that brief paragraph. And as pointed out by # post 571 if was going to be all inclusive you would expect a lot more than a short paragraph ,even a non official paragraph. 

but it doesnt say that. and visas arent renewed, theyre replaced

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AYJAYDEE said:

but it doesnt say that. and visas arent renewed, theyre replaced

Not really replaced, they expire. A new one is obtained, not really 'renewed', but we are only arguing semantics. 

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

The Thai language for renew and extend are exactly the same. I would not bank a lot on small differences in translation to English.

so it could just as easily apply to a permission to stay resulting from an O-A

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Retired teachers,that’s makes sense!

When I retire, I have the option of keeping the government health insurance for about 400 baht a month.

I'll probably take out other insurance.

16 minutes ago, rabas said:

The Thai language for renew and extend are exactly the same. I would not bank a lot on small differences in translation to English.

No they are not.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No they are not.

Possibly he means synonyms

• Thanks 1

“We will ask the Immigration Bureau, the Foreign Ministry and the Insurance Department for additional details and implementation guidelines next week,” Saowapa Jongkittipong, who leads the Health Service Support Department’s International Health Division, said yesterday (May 15), reported The Nation."

I somehow doubt that they are all going to jump around to implement your requirements by July darling.

• Haha 1