BANGKOK 16 July 2019 03:08

3 hours ago, theboogeyman said:

WHAT!!! Who paid 100 baht for a beer in a go go bar? I believe go go bars are mostly just in Bangkok. I pay less than 100 baht for my favorite kinds of imported beer here in Korat. 120 baht max depending on the restaurant if it’s Corona, Guinness, and a few other kinds. 80 baht for a Beer Lao if I remember right. Although there is one fancier place that I remember was charging 200 baht just for a Corona I don’t know if that’s still the same because we haven’t been back there for a while. Right now I’m down with the flu or influenza so I don’t even want to think about anything else except water.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, maybe he can move to Korat and join you watching cows while paying less than 100 for a beer😂😂

1 hour ago, theboogeyman said:

It’s actually staying about the same and it declines a little bit once in a while honestly no the baht isn’t rising fast in fact it’s not really going anywhere. It’s risen a little bit over the last 10 years I guess you could say that lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

look at the last 20 years of USD/THB and then repeat "a little bit".

usd thb.jpg

There is an article in bkk post I believe that US is revising its list of currency manipulation countries and Thailand will be on it.

As it turns out Thailand manipulating baht to keep it low, so do not be surprised if your currency halves in value in the nearest future .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, theboogeyman said:
2 hours ago, Captain 776 said:
31.58 right now against USD.........EXPLAIN how that relates to rising fast

Well that’s actually the point it’s not actually rising fast. The baht ranks 20th in all of Asia lol.

show me any currency including non-asian ones which appreciated vs. USD, GBP and EUR like THB. rank 20th = my butt! :coffee1:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

There is an article in bkk post I believe that US is revising its list of currency manipulation countries and Thailand will be on it.

As it turns out Thailand manipulating baht to keep it low, so do not be surprised if your currency halves in value in the nearest future .

Is that a genuine statement , or a joke/lie/sarcasm/humour or something other that the truth ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Naam said:

your insight seems to indicate that you belong to this elite. or are you just rehashing barstool fairytales heard from envious poor Farangs?

OK can you please tell me why the central bank isn't trying to cool down the exchange rate because Thailand now exports so many cars ( gonna stick with that one for now) and the price increasing. I know one of the major reasons for the high baht is no national debt, only personal debt in Thailand. Thailand is a big exporter now and doesn't seem to want to reduce the value of the baht so it's damaging any company with an export business and i haven't seen any explanations why, I admit I'm just a retired engineer who can't read Thai but from my perspective it seems like it's government policy to keep the value high.

46 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Is that a genuine statement , or a joke/lie/sarcasm/humour or something other that the truth ?

That is the actual article in bkk post 

what none of you have mentioned is about how much the elite make from a strong baht sending money abroad, car companies etc are complaining but have you seen the central bank trying to control the rate? 
it's deliberate, imagine how much money the rich elite are making transferring abroad for the future?
If central bank tries to control the rate by making it weak for export advantage, other countries can impose tariff.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, yodsak said:

1260420824_ScreenShot2019-05-16at18_54_57.png.652923faeea31ec58d7a1138cd800a7b.png1020128466_ScreenShot2019-05-16at18_58_13.png.eadd0229379f4fde8709f3288742bd78.png

Use a Dollar Index chart, not a USD/THB (or it's cross) chart next time.

A rising dollar - even the "mighty" CHF has lost 20% from .86 to 1.01 in 8 years.  JPY down 40% from 77 to 110.

Compare that to the currency of a $450 billion economy in the 3rd world, that has barely budged against the USD. 

Dollar Index.PNG

1 hour ago, BestB said:

And?

I think the US needs to understand that they are yesterdays news.

Or maybe the day before's.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, donnacha said:

Terrific idea. Do you have his phone number?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, donnacha said:

Terrific idea. Do you have his phone number?

Use Twitter. He does. 

6 hours ago, Traubert said:

And?

I think the US needs to understand that they are yesterdays news.

Or maybe the day before's.

Why do not you go and inform Them👍

18 hours ago, rickb said:

Yes, a stronger baht will result in you getting more Euros or Pounds when you convert Thai Baht, but really not that much of a difference unless you're converting a large amount.

It sure makes a difference if you have a regular THB income and exchange it to EUR.

12 hours ago, david555 said:

in 2009 I paid 13800 baht for a 1 baht gold chain , today price for 1 baht gold is 19400 baht, show me your wife is  not right ,... explain me ? 

I think more you try to deceive her , so you don't have to buy more for her ….:cheesy:

Try selling that gold chain.  Do you think you can even get 13,800 bt today?  Doubtful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Yeah, Trump ain't helping.  The dollar would have gotten a boost if the Feds had raised interest rates.  But because Trump was squawking about lowering rates, the Feds sat on their hands and did nothing.  Freakin Trump.

Trump appointed the Head of the Fed. Get it?