BANGKOK 26 May 2019 16:42
clearance

Need explanation how Thai law is working if you broke something in store (not intentionally)

We (well my wife) buys a lot in those shops like H&M but if there are loads of kids running around (happens often) we just leave....it's absolutely not done and very annoying for the other customers.

Get a couple of those dog choker chains for the kids next time they see fit to let them run around in a shop. They must have given it a fair old push as those things are heavy. 

4 minutes ago, Youlike said:

We (well my wife) buys a lot in those shops like H&M but if there are loads of kids running around (happens often) we just leave....it's absolutely not done and very annoying for the other customers.

You may be the perfect online shopping customer...   careful never to leave the house, you may be exposed to one of those dastardly children thingys.... 

• Haha 1

25,000 for a broken hand on a shop dummy?? there would be several spares in the store room I bet.

Write to H&M head office and ask on there Facebook page about it

A little publicity may assist in reducing the charge

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Running around in a shopping area is stupid to start with. Can you give us the price what a mannequin costs here?

The white mannequins of course cost much more than the brown ones....TIT!!

I've seen a Thai kid break a lot of glasswork in Central, mum cleaned the floor and tried to do a runner but the staff brought her back to the cashier..After that we left.

Normally farang have an insurance for things like that, at least we do...and i even used it in Thailand once and when i sent them the bill of the cardamage i made they asked me if the bill was right because it was so cheap to fix.

16 hours ago, gunderhill said:

how  about some decent  parenting? when i was a kid  you had to hold a  parents hand.

Thats said 25k,  hilarious!

Must have been a long, long time ago. Maybe you could share with your post WW 1 childhood memories.

20 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Normally farang have an insurance for things like that, at least we do...and i even used it in Thailand once and when i sent them the bill of the cardamage i made they asked me if the bill was right because it was so cheap to fix. 

My household contents insurance in Europe covered liability for accidental damage occurring outside the home but I dont think that my Thai condo insurance does. It may though.

25,000...a convenient nice round number. Too late now, but perhaps requesting 2 or 3 independent quotations would have supported the price...but without local language skills would be difficult to achieve, as in any country.

38 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Must have been a long, long time ago. Maybe you could share with your post WW 1 childhood memories.

Well lets  put it this way, my parents didn't  have to fork out 25k because their  sprog was  "playing"  in a store, but go ahead let yours run free.

You break anything in Thailand and will have to pay , even a glass in a bar or restaurant, you break it intentionally or not you pay .

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

How can someone be so idiot to pay this amount to any shop ?!

This is an international brand, make an international drama !

Edited by myjawe
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, clearance said:

In most countries,

whose list of most countries? Was Thailand in that list? 

I go with you broke it you bought it. They probably have to buy an entirely new mannequin, just because kids were playing uncontrolled in their store... if your kids can't behave, they should not be put in a situation in which they can damage other people's property. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, clearance said:

What can they do now? Can they go to touristic police? They have no photos or videos of incident, only invoice from the store that proof that 25000thb is paid.

Take better care of the kids in the future, and make sure they have a third party liability insurance, which the might have included in some travel insurances. They can try, if they can claim the money back from an insurance by showing the bill, and the damage acceptance form. 

If you, or your kids, or pets, brake or damage something, its your responsibility; that's why insurance companies sells "third party liability insurance".

🙂