BANGKOK 21 May 2019 04:04
Thaivisa Web Content Team

An 11-Year-Old Girl Told Classmates To Stop Making The Nazi Salute. Her Teacher Sent Her To The Principal's Office

An 11-year-old girl was removed from class and sent to the principal's office at her Tennessee school last week after calling on her classmates to stop making the Nazi salute, according to the girl's father.

In a series of tweets Tuesday, Keith Gamble said his daughter's classmates made the gesture on multiple occasions after a teacher instructed a student who was assigned to play Adolf Hitler in a history project to give the "Sieg Heil" salute at the end of his speech.

"Each time, my daughter spoke out even though she was told by a teacher 'not to address it,'" Gamble tweeted.

On Thursday, she was dismissed from class after shouting, "Stop it, put your hands down now," to a group of students who gave the salute in response to the student portraying Hitler, according to Gamble.

James Evans, a spokesperson for Rutherford County Schools, said in a statement to BuzzFeed News on Tuesday that the assignment was part of a World War II exhibit of Living History performed by fifth-graders at McFadden School of Excellence in Murfreesboro.

The assignment involved the student who was portraying Hitler to deliver a speech and give the Nazi salute at the end, he said.

"During rehearsal on Thursday, May 9, the student gave his presentation, and when he gave his salute, some other students in the class responded with the same salute," Evans said in the statement. "When this occurred, one student became upset and had an outburst."

Evans said the teacher talked with the student and tried to calm her down "but was unable to do so." The teacher then took the student to the hallway "to give her some time to calm down but to no avail," according to Evans.

The teacher called the girl's mother and then took her to the principal "to talk about what had happened," the school spokesperson said.

Full article

On one hand. it's great that she was willing to speak up for what she believed. 

On the other hand, she reminds me when I was a young whippersnapper and I thought that my right to free speech was being curtailed when the teacher made me stop yakking in class while she was talking.

This kid's right to protest what her fellow students were doing isn't a universal right, just like my right to free speech ended somewhere short of yakking during a 5th grade lecture.  It was their learning experience, too.  One of the ways we learn is to cringe at some of the stupid stuff we did before we knew any better.  It makes the learning so much more personal.

Little brat seems to be a product of the pro-censorship, historical revisionist, leftist education system. It was a dramatization of real events, you can't just pretend the bad guys didn't exist. It's best to portray the truth and learn from it. The fascists are on the way back, and they like censorship too.

• Sad 2

Doing the Nazi salute is the least of US school system problems now days where everybody in the the class keeps one eye on the teacher and other to see the nutter of the day bursting thru the door any moment now spraying the room with machine gun fire...

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Doing the Nazi salute is the least of US school system problems now days where everybody in the the class keeps one eye on the teacher and other to see the nutter of the day bursting thru the door any moment now spraying the room with machine gun fire...

We're averaging about 10 kids killed per year in school shootings over the past 20 years.  What's that?  A one in 3 million chance each year? 

Sure, they make the headlines.  But kids choking on cafeteria hot dogs, dying from lunchroom peanut allergies and suicides from Facebook bullying probably kill more.  Kids getting killed on the ride to school far exceed those killed by guns.

That's not to say it's acceptable, but let's keep it in perspective.

• Thanks 1