Anyone on here use a soda streamer machine?

samuttodd

I have a soda stream machine I brought from the states,   It has the re usable co2 canisters that last about 60-120 liters depending on how bubbly you want to make it.

My canister is empty now and I need to refill it with co2 and am uncertain where I can do this.    Otherwise,   I am going to take 1/2 kg of dry ice and crush it and dump it into the empty container and let it offgas and re-pressurize the system.   

Anyone know where I might be able to go in for a regular refill of the tank?

Hey crossy,  last I heard there were about 12 active volcanoes blasting out sulfur dioxide,  carbon monoxide, and co2 amoung other gasses.   They pale in comparison to the miasm you are spewing about climate change.

You know that about 10,000 years ago,  most of  north america was covered by a sheet of ice?  

Edited by samuttodd

Seriously, you may be able to get / have made an adaptor to allow you to re-fill from one of the large CO2 cylinders used in the bar industry. Start at the brewery supply place (ask you local bar).

EDIT Something like this USD 11 ????

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SPUNKY-Co2-Refill-Adapter-Connector-Gas-Regulator-With-3000psi-Gauge-for-Sodastream-Cylinder/32879948945.html

That link opened another source of supply, the PaintBall chaps, they use sodastream bottles ????

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Seriously, you may be able to get / have made an adaptor to allow you to re-fill from one of the large CO2 cylinders used in the bar industry. Start at the brewery supply place (ask you local bar).

Talk to your local brewery type guy and get a Coke type machine (without the syrup) then you can call them if you run out of CO2

OR 

Order some CO2 from the beer guy and let him suggest how to adapt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samuttodd said:

Hey crossy,  last I heard there were about 12 active volcanoes blasting out sulfur dioxide,  carbon monoxide, and co2 amoung other gasses.   They pale in comparison to the miasm you are spewing about climate change.

You know that about 10,000 years ago,  most of  north america was covered by a sheet of ice?  

Wake up at the back ... 

I was in my local kitchen supply shop and happened to notice they have the small disposable CO2 cylinders that you use in a soda siphon.

They are stocked there for use in the cream dispensers used by caterers.

Maybe they sell the reusable ones as well.

Edited by krabi local

6 minutes ago, grifbel said:

Next he will want to gather his own salt from the sea.

I buy mine in Samut Sakorn. They gather it for me.555

04-20130717-01_TH-SaltSellers.jpg

Salt seller ????????????

Edited by VocalNeal

Happily using a large welding type tank and gauge....along with adapters to carbonate empty 1.25l (or any) soda bottles. Tank lasts around 10 months (2 to 3L per day) costs 250 baht to exchange.

Tank purchase 2000 Baht gauges and bits about 1500.

If you wanted you could with the adapter refill your own sodastream bottles from a weld tank.

Co2 for all uses is bulk tanked and the containers are the only difference.....no special beverage gas.

1 hour ago, grifbel said:

There are some weird people here.  Next he will want to gather his own salt from the sea.

Believe it or not he will be prosecuted for this. All occupations related to collecting and processing sea salt are in the "reserved for Thais only" list for some peculiar reason.

• Thanks 1

I brought a soda stream with me from the states eight years ago but threw it away after several years of trying and failing to find replacement cartridges.  Now I use a seltzer bottle that just needs a small cartridge, and mix drinks one at a time. 

Image result for seltzer bottle

I was a drunk for a long long time @30 Years,  and about 14 months ago my life changed and I got sober.... I Always had a beer in my hand,  and these days it is soda water and as much as i want.    I actually put apple cider vinegar and stevia in it and it tastes very refreshing.   Maybe i just got used to lots of fluids.     The water is probably good for me,  since it is hot here and i am a very active guy outdoors and sweat buckets.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

I Always had a beer in my hand,  and these days it is soda water and as much as i want.    I actually put apple cider vinegar and stevia in it and it tastes very refreshing.   Maybe i just got used to lots of fluids.

That's great to hear. 

I wonder if there's any health benefits with soda water ? Your stomach does not suffer? 

On 5/16/2019 at 7:13 AM, VocalNeal said:

Why make your life difficult. There are at least four different sods waters for sale at 7 Eleven,

Well said , those thing are only for country's where you can use the tap water to do it . Otherwise it's not logical . It's a machine to help reduce the use of plastic bottles, so when use it here you need a bottle of water , so better just buy soda at 7/11 .