BANGKOK 23 May 2019 01:38
khaepmu

Transmission Problem Honda City

After I slow down a bit and then accelerate the car slipped into neutral. I had to stop and then start again and it was OK. This has happened 3 times in the last 4 months. The gear shift lever in the car remains in drive but it appears that the car is suddenly in neutral and there is no power. I pull over to the side of the road and shift the gear into Dive I and 2 and then back to drive and it's OK. This is a bit worrisome. I am wondering if this means the transmission is shot or just needs a little work. The car is 8 years old and has about 450000 kilometers on it.

That is a lot of km, I assume it has a CVT trans. Have you changed the trans fluid at the advised intervals..?

My CVT has a cable from shifter to box, it has adjustment, could be something as simple as that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khaepmu said:

I am wondering if this means the transmission is shot or just needs a little work. The car is 8 years old and has about 450000 kilometers on it.

To put into my perspective nearly 300,000 miles (450,000 kilos) that's good for a auto box if this is first time problem.

As trans says and maybe a problem could lie in the shift solenoids.

Not sure what a CVT is but my car is an automatic. The transmission fluid has recently been changed at the local Honda dealer where I had an oil change and general check up. Thanks for your advice.