Alabama governor signs nation's strictest abortion ban

webfact

2 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

rape or incest is a physical  and psychological torture. i'm not a woman, but i can't imagine raising a child who'd constantly remind me of that ordeal.

No rational person thinks victims of rape or incest should be denied abortions done in a timely manner.

It's extremists on the left that hold rape up as a reason "all pregnancies can be terminated up to 9 months"

well I wish the Guv' is soon blessed with many many many illegitimate grandkids

can't wait till Southpark gets a hold of this story! - another 'Freak Strike' episode in the making...

9 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

It's extremists on the left that hold rape up as a reason "all pregnancies can be terminated up to 9 months"

And it's a Trump lie (he told it at one of the debates) that such abortions even exist.  People have stepped in Trump's lie and are spreading it around from the soiled soles of their shoes.

Debunking the Mythical “Nine Month Abortion”

"At the third presidential debate last week, Donald Trump made a dramatic statement about abortion. He claimed that you can “rip the baby out of the womb” in the ninth month of pregnancy, “as late as one or two or three or four days prior to birth.”  

His statement is not based on medical or legal fact, and his claim that this happens demands a response."

From obstetrician Jen Gunter:

"There are no ninth month abortions. Really. A ninth month abortion is a unicorn and so it’s ridiculous to even discuss it. Terminations after 24 weeks are for severe fetal anomalies."

5 hours ago, onemorebeer said:

If a women is raped then she can take a medicine with name levonorgestrel, she can take it up to 72 hours after being raped, unprotected sex or if the condom simply cracked.

Ever heard of trauma? 

5 hours ago, onemorebeer said:

killing humans is illegal and so should it be with humans inside a belly as well,the only exemptions for abortion if your life is in danger, period!

Why should the one be an exemption and the other not? Your argument (ahem) was that killing humans is illegal, regardless of the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

No rational person thinks victims of rape or incest should be denied abortions done in a timely manner.

Hogwash.

The pro choice argument is leave the decision on late terminations to medical professionals.

Here’s a list of qualifiers required to be fulfilled before men can discuss this topic:

[Men who support:

Fully paid maternity/paternity leave for at least three months.

Free pre natal care, day care, for mothers who need it.

Universal healthcare that covers pregnancy.

Sex and family planning education in schools.

Easy access to family planning, including condoms and contraceptives in all communities.]

And here’s a list of qualifiers required to be fulfilled before men can tell women what to do with their bodies:

[trick list; men can’t tell women what to do with their bodies]

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Here’s a list of qualifiers required to be fulfilled before men can discuss this topic:

[Men who support:

Fully paid maternity/paternity leave for at least three months.

Free pre natal care, day care, for mothers who need it.

Universal healthcare that covers pregnancy.

Sex and family planning education in schools.

Easy access to family planning, including condoms and contraceptives in all communities.]

And here’s a list of qualifiers required to be fulfilled before men can tell women what to do with their bodies:

[trick list; men can’t tell women what to do with their bodies]

Good post. However, I am afraid that a significant share of anti-abortion supporters are also against contraception and welfare for single mothers..

Anyway, it would not prevent them from electing a dead pimp, would it?

Yeah, life's sacred and all that, but if a woman's raped she has to carry the child? Give me a break. Personally, I recommend a law that all men who masturbate should be castrated- life's sacred and all that - wasn't there something in the Bible about this? Spilling seed on the ground or something? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You, me, and every teenage boy knows the truth of this, how many potential lives have we wiped out. Yeah, the problem with these guys is their too conservative, let's go back further - the sperm and the egg.

Here's the thing, the law sort of gives us total control over our body.   They can't take my blood without my permission (or a Court Order).   I don't have to give blood, even if someone's life depends on it.   I can say no and there is no consequences.   I can watch someone die and not give them blood.

No one can take my DNA without my permission.   No one can take my organs.   Even when I die, I have control over my body and my organs.   I can demand to go into the next world with my body intact.

All these rights are extended to everyone, except for pregnant women.   They are not allowed the basic rights that are granted to everyone else.   Let's go all out and demand no abortion, mandatory DNA testing, mandatory blood donation on demand and legal organ harvesting.   

If you are not willing to give all those rights, what is the justification for withholding the right to chose for women?

On 5/16/2019 at 9:52 PM, candide said:

Good post. However, I am afraid that a significant share of anti-abortion supporters are also against contraception and welfare for single mothers..

Anyway, it would not prevent them from electing a dead pimp, would it?

Also, women actually poll stronger support in America for pro-life policies than men do, so if you really did just leave it up to the women it would not lead to the result he thinks it would 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:50 PM, Tug said:

I’ll bet the republicans are thrilled lol the dems are going to have a field day with this I wonder if Donald is stupid enough to support it I hope so lol just disenfranchise over half the population 

It's funny you say that.

The Donald spouts his mouth on almost everything, regardless of whether he actually understands the issue.

Yet on this topic he's been remarkably silent! 

32 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's funny you say that.

The Donald spouts his mouth on almost everything, regardless of whether he actually understands the issue.

The bottom line is there simply isn't a majority in the SCOTUS to overturn at this time, so it is an ill timed law. My guess is Supreme Court refuses to even hear the case. Why would they? The Justices can count. If Ginsburg were to die things change, but to pass a law like this prior to her seat being replaced is simply dumb. And Trump is no dummy. Expect him to remain silent, the law to be struck down, and the Supreme Court to deny cert. Nothing whatsoever will come of this. 

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's funny you say that.

Nope...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-republicans-distance-themselves-from-alabama-abortion-law/2019/05/19/d44036d8-7a3f-11e9-8bb7-0fc796cf2ec0_story.html?utm_term=.61b053f312d4

Donald is keeping his yap shut cause he knows the dems will club the you know what out of him with this even the most obtuse Americans are realizing what a destructive force Donald is by by donald

Archived