Video: British man's car attacked while he slept at Pattaya housing estate

webfact

Video: British man's car attacked while he slept at Pattaya housing estate

screenshot_9266.jpg

video screenshot

Nong Prue police are investigating after a gang of four masked men attacked a Ford Fiesta car parked outside the home of a 62 year old British man in Pattaya. 

The gang used wooden clubs to smash up the vehicle that was shown in a RukSiamNews video with a destroyed front windscreen and side driver's window. The car was also doused in an automotive fluid. 

An empty bottle of motorcycle brake fluid and a rock were taken into evidence. 

Mr Leslie Hodgson - who was not wearing a shirt - told police he was sleeping in his two story townhouse in the Rung Reuang Phase 2 estate when he heard noises outside. 

1pm.jpg

video screenshot

He got out to find his car seriously damaged. He said he had no idea why anyone would target him and he said he had no problems with anyone. 

The estate has no CCTV, reported RukSiamNews.

However police became aware that the attack was perpetrated by four men. One had his face covered by a motorcycle helmet and the other three wore surgical masks. 

They fled on motorcycles. 

screenshot_9267.jpg

video screenshot

Nong Prue station's Snr Sgt-Maj Romran Srikraiphak investigating said that it looked as though the gang had been ordered to attack. It was possible they had targeted the wrong car, he said. 

Investigations continue with police hoping that study of neighborhood CCTV will yield a lead in the case. 

SourceL RukSiamNews

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-16

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, webfact said:

One had his face covered by a motorcycle helmet and the other three wore surgical masks.

That must narrow it down to every Thai in the past year who's been arrested and their photo appeared in the media.

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he had no idea why anyone would target him and he said he had no problems with anyone.

If it was an old lady etc I might believe it.

But a tattooed foreigner living in Pattaya with a huge beer guts makes me a little skeptical. 

I wonder if it were farangs or Thais who attacked the car. I am tipping a farang was behind it. Attacking someone’s car is more likely to be farang instigated IMO. 

Anyone know him? I can’t remember ever seeing him around.

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

But a tattooed foreigner living in Pattaya with a huge beer guts makes me a little skeptical. 

How is that relevant ?? you just described 95% of the falung population in Pattaya...555

1 minute ago, cranki said:

How is that relevant ?? you just described 95% of the falung population in Pattaya...555

They all are not as innocent as they look.

Maybe I am biased, but tattooed heavy drinking Pattayans, seem to get in more disputes with people on average. 

1 minute ago, canopus1969 said:

Oh dear, put a shirt on, the sight of that spoilt my breakfast

That look is very popular with the ladies in Pattaya.

He is probably with a little stunner. Amazing Pattaya.

16 minutes ago, cranki said:

The beer gut look went out with flairs and long hair. It is quite funny seeing fat guys shirtless thinking they're some kind of Adonis.

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That must narrow it down to every Thai in the past year who's been arrested and their photo appeared in the media.

you're not much of a detective, are you. It narrows it down to motorcycle riders and people who work in the medical field (as well as people like beauticians and so on). There, I've given the cops their first clue.

3 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The beer gut look went out with flairs and long hair. It is quite funny seeing fat guys shirtless thinking they're some kind of Adonis.

In Pattaya they are Adonis. These blokes pull supermodel looking girls. 

Back in the west, blokes with six packs who work out everyday don’t do as well as us, er, I mean, him.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the other three wore surgical masks. 

Ah ha .... the plot thickens. Three frustrated doctors on the rampage after he turned down their offer of liposuction.

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

If it was an old lady etc I might believe it.

I wonder if it were farangs or Thais who attacked the car. I am tipping a farang was behind it. Attacking someone’s car is more likely to be farang instigated IMO. 

Anyone know him? I can’t remember ever seeing him around.

You sound like you have all the right qualifications for the TVF investigation force....

Archived