Retirement Medical insurance mandatory best company over 70

Capealava

At one time I considered this long stay at over 70. It is now becoming impossible unless you are willing to pay the price of a car or house for health insurance. This is now on top of the TM. 30, which you re-do if you travel anywhere in Thailand. Plus endless 90 day reports. I have seriously researched to go else where. Such as Costa Rica with 90 day on arrival Visa, a $60,000 deposit in a bank with local currency which you can spend immediately and not have to keep there permanently. Initial Visa is $200 for 2 years ( NO 90 day report ) a one year Visa extension is $100, upon which you gain residency after the 3 years. Minimum income requirement is $1000. After a couple of years you get all medical care FREE. Unlike Thailand you  can own land or property freehold. Many of Hollywood's Elite own property here and they don't even consider Thailand's Elete Visa. "AMAZING THAILAND" THE PRISON DESTINATION FOR TOURISTS. The west coast of Costa Rica here I come. The Cool season not as cold as Chiang Mai and Hot season average about 34C not 40C. Insurance is supposed to be about risks, but insurance companies nowadays take no risks it is all about their guaranteed profits.

Edited by William C F Pierce
missing detail

19 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

At one time I considered this long stay at over 70. It is now becoming impossible unless you are willing to pay the price of a car or house for health insurance. This is now on top of the TM. 30, which you re-do if you travel anywhere in Thailand. Plus endless 90 day reports. I have seriously researched to go else where. Such as Costa Rica with 90 day on arrival Visa, a $60,000 deposit in a bank with local currency which you can spend immediately and not have to keep there permanently. Initial Visa is $200 for 2 years ( NO 90 day report ) a one year Visa extension is $100, upon which you gain residency after the 3 years. Minimum income requirement is $1000. After a couple of years you get all medical care FREE. Unlike Thailand you  can own land or property freehold. Many of Hollywood's Elite own property here and they don't even consider Thailand's Elete Visa. "AMAZING THAILAND" THE PRISON DESTINATION FOR TOURISTS. The west coast of Costa Rica here I come. The Cool season not as cold as Chiang Mai and Hot season average about 34C not 40C. Insurance is supposed to be about risks, but insurance companies nowadays take no risks it is all about their guaranteed profits.

When I was still in my early 60s and already retired in Thailand I seriously considered relocating to Ecuador.

I had vacationed in South America before and speak fairly good Spanish.

Unfortunately other than checking flights to Quito I didn't pursue the idea.

I cannot say I regret totally not to have gone live in South America because I have a good life here now with my newly-wed Thai wife.

But it's certain I'd now discourage any farang (US or EU) to retire in Thailand.

Costa Rica is ideal for US but I'd consider also Argentina (Bariloche) and peaceful Uruguay.

Edited by jayceenik