Video: Police patience wears thin as Thai man with no licence taken in to custody

webfact

Video: Police patience wears thin as Thai man with no licence taken in to custody

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath showed a video of a an angry man confronting traffic police on Pattanakarn Road in Bangkok. 

He had been stopped for riding a motorcycle without a licence but swears repeatedly at police as a woman tries to restrain him. 

Finally the Klong Tan cops have enough and he is cuffed and led away after a brief scuffle. 

The video was widely viewed under the heading "Angry man threatens to knock police insignia off". 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-16

2 hours ago, nev said:

Bloody great news is this the first time ever?, Long may it continue.

Go RTP.

But the problem is that if the police enforced this rigorously there are not enough police cells in Thailand to house those who drive without/have illegal license.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He had been stopped for riding a motorcycle without a licence but swears repeatedly at police as a woman tries to restrain him

And this mentality can be found from the very bottom right up to the very top.

"Why can't I pick my family and friends to be senators in parliament!?!

9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

But the problem is that if the police enforced this rigorously there are not enough police cells in Thailand to house those who drive without/have illegal license.

Not sure, must be close to 3meters to the ceiling. Lot of unused space....

Another 'terrible misunderstanding' and after a small fine and plenty of Wai's he will be back on his bike and away....to keep riding with no license !   His Mum will appear at the Police Station to tell them what a good boy he is and how he works so hard to support his family of nine people.

4 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Disagree with the headline, kudos to the cops who show a high level professionalism. In France I have seen the police beating the shit out of Africans or Arabs for a lot less.

Why the police waste so much time? It takes many of them to arrest a driver without driverslicense? That's why i see plenty of them racing without license plates, helmets, against traffic and so on...

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

appropriate medicine for those "There is no law for me _ I can do what I want" people in LOS

That's the trouble though isn't it?

This jerk is so used to being able to break the law and not be corrected, he thinks he is immune to Thai law and immediately gets upset when confronted.

If all the police were to do their job on a daily basis, all these incidents would be drastically reduced, but they don' do the job, only when it suits them.

The police did a good job here, why can't they do that all the time.

Apart from that, this plonker has a very loyal girlfriend who probably deserves better.

And he needs a breathalyser and blood test at the station. IMO.

the RTP bring it on themselves by being badly trained, unprofessional, lazy and corrupt. thai people, and we all, know many offences, in particular road offences, are simply ignored and this has cultivated a culture within society of a lack of respect for the RTP and people think they can, and do, get away with law braking most of the time - so it's a shock when someone breaking the law meets a half decent copper!

in my home country such an individual would be politely and calmly warned a couple of times and if they persisted they would be professionally, competently and non too gently taken down.

7 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

True, at the start. But wouldn't the public soon get the message and behave better? Nah, I don't think so either, but we can dream.

11 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Disagree with the headline, kudos to the cops who show a high level professionalism. In France I have seen the police beating the shit out of Africans or Arabs for a lot less.

Well, yes, that's racism. Thai police generally show professionalism towards one of their own, and less so towards Africans or Arabs. Been this way for donkeys years

11 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

I was thinking the same thing. They were professional and patient, gave him the opportunity to calm down but he didn't take it, then when it was clear he wasn't going to comply they move in and arrest him without violence. In other countries like the US he would've been on the floor getting banged up and "accidentally" hit his head on the pavement a few times.

I wonder if this is the type of character who always had some strange and different interpretation of the law and the actual law, in his view, is all wrong, therefore he should follow his own version.

Example, old dragon aunty in our somewhat extended family has been stopped several times for running red lights way past already turned red.

Cops stop her, her immediate abrupt comment is 'you don't know the law and it's not my job to teach you'. Then after some deliberate drama she reveals that 'she has proof, if you are any type of government employee or if anybody in your family is a gov't employee you are allowed, by Thai law, 5 extra seconds to get through after the light has turned red'.

She's got a bag full of these gems. 

If I thought that they could be trusted with them I would've suggested that they Taser him, but knowing this lot they would have looked at the business end and pulled the trigger to see what happens ???? I used to work for a Police force in the UK, you would be surprised what some people can do LOL, no one is perfect ???? 

Archived