Rebels hope to kill off May's Brexit deal in 'last-chance' vote

webfact

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Any government deal has to be approved by parliament, and they would reject a no-deal like they have before. While Brexit could happen by accident, if the October leaving date occurs before any agreement, this is unlikely. More likely would be a GE with or without a Brexiteer PM.

As a GE would see Labour in power, I doubt any Tory Brexiteer would want to take up May's place - except for the pension benefits that arise from that post. A poisoned chalice awaits him or her.

Just to digress if I may.  The pension benefits mentioned are actually insignificant by comparison to the book deals that every ex pm appears to sign the day after leaving office.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also consider that parliament would consider holding a referendum if May's deal is voted down again, given that Bercrow accepts it in the first place. Plus there is the probability that May could dissolve parliament and give everyone an early summer recess.

When I see some posts here I am not surprised that most uneducated bar girls in this country are able to tell these people fairytales and they believe them. Please help me, my buffalo is so sick.

Well.just you take your sick buffalo to the house of horrors down westminster way..quite sure you will find a vet masquerading as an mp[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Any government deal has to be approved by parliament, and they would reject a no-deal like they have before. While Brexit could happen by accident, if the October leaving date occurs before any agreement, this is unlikely. More likely would be a GE with or without a Brexiteer PM.

As a GE would see Labour in power, I doubt any Tory Brexiteer would want to take up May's place - except for the pension benefits that arise from that post. A poisoned chalice awaits him or her.

Labour winning a GE..please let me know your home brew receipe.
You can imagine the " forces " against corbyn and co.
Also the press giving it.." ira lover..hamas lover..ex diane abbot lover..tax tax tax will be his slogan..open door immigration his policy..tons more pc nonsence etc etc.
The mighty Brexit Party would Run Amok.
Lastly..the UK Armed Forces would imho.." step in "...and .. well..work it out for yourself.

Have a lovely daytapatalk_1557842046636.jpegtapatalk_1555822555217.jpeg

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good. It will then be choice between leaving with no deal, or revoke and re-think. The second option is almost certain to prevail.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

or revoke and re-think  ...and forget.

From what I heard on the radio yesterday, the EU will not grant another extension, so as we have now May has wasted so much time with her unacceptable option there is not enough time left to now organise a 2nd referendum. 

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Parliament already sanctioned it by voting to trigger article 50. The default position is still no deal unless a deal can be agreed, that didn't change when May kicked the can down the road a few months.

Of course May's surrender treaty has no chance of being agreed since the ERG know that May will have nowhere to go if it fails for the fourth time so they'll vote against it. The likes of Rees Mogg who reluctantly voted for it last time will vote against it this time just to get rid of her, so I predict it will be rejected by more than last time and May will resign and be replaced by a Brexiteer PM.

The choice for the new Brexiteer PM will be WTO exit or revoke article 50. Since the vast majority of conservative members want Brexit, the electorate voted for Brexit, the conservative manifesto was for Brexit, and the Brexit party will be breathing down their necks, I highly doubt article 50 will be revoked by a Brexiteer conservative PM.

Independence day will be November 1st :partytime2:

The Mogg has been very quiet of late. No Twitter or Moggcasts. I know he backs Johnson as a future leader but I'm not sure that I entirely agree.

The rest of this year will be interesting.

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Labour winning a GE..please let me know your home brew receipe.
You can imagine the " forces " against corbyn and co.
Also the press giving it.." ira lover..hamas lover..ex diane abbot lover..tax tax tax will be his slogan..open door immigration his policy..tons more pc nonsence etc etc.
The mighty Brexit Party would Run Amok.
Lastly..the UK Armed Forces would imho.." step in "...and .. well..work it out for yourself.

Have a lovely daytapatalk_1557842046636.jpegtapatalk_1555822555217.jpeg

You asked stephenterry for his home brew recipe yet you followed up with your own comment " Lastly..the UK Armed Forces would imho.." step in "...and .. well..work it out for yourself. "

Never mind about his home brew recipe, yours seem to be more potent and hallucinogenic, recipe please. ????

You asked stephenterry for his home brew recipe yet you followed up with your own comment " Lastly..the UK Armed Forces would imho.." step in "...and .. well..work it out for yourself. "

Never mind about his home brew recipe, yours seem to be more potent and hallucinogenic, recipe please. [emoji23]
Are you old enough to remember the late 70's..the utter shambles that was the UK..sick man of europe etc etc.
The UK Armed Forces would probably had made a move to stop the " rot " that was a labour govt..but then along came late Great Maggie Thatcher!!@

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
4 hours ago, Morch said:

Very Star Warsy, that headline.

Like Star Wars, Brexit is a work of fiction.

Please. One is fiction, the other, reality show farce. And if which one is which is immediately obvious to you, then, that just proves me right.

41 minutes ago, Basil B said:

From what I heard on the radio yesterday, the EU will not grant another extension, so as we have now May has wasted so much time with her unacceptable option there is not enough time left to now organise a 2nd referendum. 

She has wasted the time and will waste more over the summer when parliament takes recess. Her Surrender Treaty will get kicked out of the park again, there will be no 2nd referendum and they will not revoke Article 50. We will slip slowly into the default of a No Deal Brexit come end of October. That's two and a half years wasted with their Remainer Treason and Plot.

Theresa and her fifth columnists have consistently failed in her 'deal' and don't forget the equally sinister Political Declaration which must also be shot down in flames. As far as we are aware, the real deal has not even been considered yet - that's the actual trading deal details which the EU won't make until after Brexit. The UK is still squabbling about the divorce arrangements, which if the EU and Remainers were to be appeased, would again tie our hands in the future trading deal details.

It's obvious over the past few years that the EU will not negotiate in good faith. Our duplicitous Remainer politicians and civil servants cannot be trusted to negotiate for anything in the UK's interests. May & Co will happily climb into a position at disadvantage, then perform a charade of negotiations to give the EU whatever it wants. The only way for the UK to avoid the EU's clutches is to escape with a No Deal exit, then start to trade deal. 

47 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Are you old enough to remember the late 70's..the utter shambles that was the UK..sick man of europe etc etc.
The UK Armed Forces would probably had made a move to stop the " rot " that was a labour govt..but then along came late Great Maggie Thatcher!!@

I'm old enough to remember the late forties sunshine. And yes the amassing recovery by the UK's manufacturing industries, rebuilding of a broken Britain and homeless people by many immigrants to the UK, without their  input housing would have been even more dire and despite all the labour issues re-build it the UK did.  But the back bone of the British working class were certainly ended when the anti-christ Thatcher got in never to recover and become so reliant on the "service" industries and the dubious deregulated financial system that she and crazy Ronald allowed to be put in place .  Yes remember it very well.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's imagine for a moment the UK will leave the EU without a deal. And then?

Will they never make any deals with the EU anymore?

Or will they have to make some deals? Or do they have to make many deals with the EU?

It's obvious that with the EU and UK so near to each other there will be a lot going on and they will need many agreements.

Now what is better? Thinking about these agreements up front or first leaving and pretending there is nothing to agree?

No points for the obvious answer.

We leave on World Trade Organisation terms , no trariffs for 2 years in which to do deals with any country we want

23 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

We leave on World Trade Organisation terms , no trariffs for 2 years in which to do deals with any country we want

"no trariffs"?

But a lot of Tariffs

http://tariffdata.wto.org/ReportersAndProducts.aspx

You remind me of the leavers in the UK who think that leaving without deal means no change whatsoever...

So, if we leave with no deal, do you think that there will not be multiple businesses both in and outside the EU who will line up to do business with the UK, or will they all say "oh dear, stop business with the UK?"   Don't think so and of course our trading markets will open up considerably because we will not be hide bound by EU Law.  Sure, in the immediate term, there will be a down turn, by I strongly believe that the UK will go "hell for leather" to expand business to people who we currently cannot trade with and the Foreign Office already has people out, all over the World exploring new markets.  Sure, we can't at the moment strike up any new deals, but watch this space once we are out.  Roll on Brexit!

6 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

So, if we leave with no deal, do you think that there will not be multiple businesses both in and outside the EU who will line up to do business with the UK, or will they all say "oh dear, stop business with the UK?"   Don't think so and of course our trading markets will open up considerably because we will not be hide bound by EU Law.  Sure, in the immediate term, there will be a down turn, by I strongly believe that the UK will go "hell for leather" to expand business to people who we currently cannot trade with and the Foreign Office already has people out, all over the World exploring new markets.  Sure, we can't at the moment strike up any new deals, but watch this space once we are out.  Roll on Brexit!

Sure, the UK can do business with others.

But let's say the USA or China tell the UK: Here are our conditions, accept them.

What will the UK do? Accept any condition? Or negotiate some special conditions?

Now who do you think has more power in these negotiations: The "little" UK or the big USA or big China?

That's the whole idea about the EU...

I'm old enough to remember the late forties sunshine. And yes the amassing recovery by the UK's manufacturing industries, rebuilding of a broken Britain and homeless people by many immigrants to the UK, without their  input housing would have been even more dire and despite all the labour issues re-build it the UK did.  But the back bone of the British working class were certainly ended when the anti-christ Thatcher got in never to recover and become so reliant on the "service" industries and the dubious deregulated financial system that she and crazy Ronald allowed to be put in place .  Yes remember it very well.

Cheers for the " sunshine " bit, as I am a positive thinking hard line Brexiteer.
Born 1950..I also remember the not so good times.
I also remember red robbo .. I think that was his name..also unions demanding 25% wage increases etc etc.
NEVER AGAIN A LABOUR/MARXIST GOVT .. it is a recipe for CIVIL WAR !!!!!

Excellent post sir

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Except, this time the man in the black helmet is on the rebel's side.

image.png.6acd0f6f08f9c68551f6c43b3de87d97.png

"May, the force is against you".

Does Boris the Liar already have an idea where to get the 30 million pounds a week from to support the NHS ?

As negociator he is also a genious. Ask the British - Iranian school teacher in prison in Iran...

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, the UK can do business with others.

But let's say the USA or China tell the UK: Here are our conditions, accept them.

What will the UK do? Accept any condition? Or negotiate some special conditions?

Now who do you think has more power in these negotiations: The "little" UK or the big USA or big China?

That's the whole idea about the EU...

No use. The Brexiteers are still in the times of Kitchener

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's imagine for a moment the UK will leave the EU without a deal. And then?

Will they never make any deals with the EU anymore?

Or will they have to make some deals? Or do they have to make many deals with the EU?

It's obvious that with the EU and UK so near to each other there will be a lot going on and they will need many agreements.

Now what is better? Thinking about these agreements up front or first leaving and pretending there is nothing to agree?

No points for the obvious answer.

No agreements can be made with the EU until after we leave.

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Cheers for the " sunshine " bit, as I am a positive thinking hard line Brexiteer.
Born 1950..I also remember the not so good times.
I also remember red robbo .. I think that was his name..also unions demanding 25% wage increases etc etc.
NEVER AGAIN A LABOUR/MARXIST GOVT .. it is a recipe for CIVIL WAR !!!!!

That was Derek Robinson. Died a while back. What British Leyland screwed up by producing piles of unreliable crap Red Robbo added to the chaos by attempting to get the members even more money for producing a pile of crap. Then of course some time in the late 70's that Tory business brain Michael Edwardes was brought in to Leyland.  What a genius this guy was !  Always remember his claim that he had reduced BLs losses by 50% . Problem was even Toad of Toad Hall could have worked out that if every car is produced at a loss then 50% of that production would half the loss. The penny did drop some years later though.  It was not Red Robbo that ruined BL, although he contributed to the malaise. It was the management refusing to implement higher spending  in R & D and quality control. Couldn't accept that the Germans and Japanese were producing reliable cars that people actually wanted to buy.

The dinosaurs who thought we are British, therefore people will always buy British cars claptrap. That self same dinosaur philosophy that has manifested itself to this very day in Brexiteers.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:
1 hour ago, bartender100 said:

"no trariffs"?

But a lot of Tariffs

http://tariffdata.wto.org/ReportersAndProducts.aspx

You remind me of the leavers in the UK who think that leaving without deal means no change whatsoever...

You need to read about WTO Article 24.  This allows the two parties to continue trading tariff free for at least 2 years (up to 10 years) whilst new trading arrangements are being negotiated. 

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good. It will then be choice between leaving with no deal, or revoke and re-think. The second option is almost certain to prevail.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Surely you mean it is almost certain No Deal will prevail ?

Archived