German husband of Thai woman helps by looking after the family's BBQ chicken stall

webfact

German husband of Thai woman helps by looking after the family's BBQ chicken stall

5pmr.jpg
Picture: Siam Chon News

Siam Chon News reported on Facebook that a German man - named only as "Mister Max" - was helping his Thai wife "Nong Naen" to sell BBQ chicken outside a bag factory in Pak Chong, Nakorn Ratchasima. 

Phawinee Sricheuay, 26, a Pak Chong native, was quick to point out that it was not a case of "Mister Max" not having enough money to live in Thailand. 

The couple had come back from Germany for Naen to give birth and while they were here they were helping run her mother's stall while she was sick. 

When they child is healthy enough they will be returning to Germany where Max has a business to run and where he wants their child to go to school. 

Source: Siam Chon News

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

Nice guy, good intentions perhaps, but the Thai laws and officials may come down on him.  He can't be swishing a broom, or washing a single dish, or basting a single chicken leg by the letter.

And there's a good chance he's got good awareness of Thai laws about WPs etc., and deportation etc., so surprised he puts himself and his family in jeopardy. 

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And there's a good chance he's got good awareness of Thai laws about WPs etc., and deportation etc., so surprised he puts himself and his family in jeopardy. 

Yup, cause everyone of those Thais queuing up for a job on that stall, are now out of work !!

You see the big queue of prospective chicken chefs, right ??

30 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Nice guy, good intentions perhaps, but the Thai laws and officials may come down on him.  He can't be swishing a broom, or washing a single dish, or basting a single chicken leg by the letter.

One day chicken, and the next day feathers

He looks like a good man. I hope this story does not get him in trouble like the farang who lost his legs and had a hamburger stand.

He said his life and business in Thailand was destroyed after a simple Facebook posting.

He should be called Mad Max for not knowing or ignoring the very rigid and unwavering employment rules in this country as he could be deported if he get caught, and all that for what, grilling chicken?... 

This is like the previous car wash guy, why put a spotlight on a deportable action ?...moron.

Get you for anything here, think I read one guy in Pattaya got fined for cleaning his phone in partner's business. Opportunist plain clothes immi. scum.

5 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

This is like the previous car wash guy, why put a spotlight on a deportable action ?...moron.

Get you for anything here, think I read one guy in Pattaya got fined for cleaning his phone in partner's business. Opportunist plain clothes immi. scum.

I would like the link to the latter story...

32 minutes ago, ezzra said:

He should be called Mad Max for not knowing or ignoring the very rigid and unwavering employment rules in this country as he could be deported if he get caught, and all that for what, grilling chicken?... 

Did the chicken admit its guilt?

I am genuinely surprised to read posters downplaying the risk of being hassled by the police for working, even casually. You can't pick up a newspaper, turn on the news, or go on an internet news outlet without reading about the latest immigration roundup. Thais are every bit as aware of these stories as TVF regulars, maybe more so. With the economy in the dumps and mom-and-pop businesses seeing less and less benefit from foreigners (who tend to favor big box retailers) I think resentment towards foreigners is palpably on the rise.

You don't think a competitor down the road might bitch to the police? What about that guy who was videotaped on Koh Samui for stealing work from local taxi drivers. The police encouraged the public to report labor law violations, didn't they? You'd have to be out of your mind these days to risk teaching without a work permit.

And just to tie this in with all the news about higher financial requirements for visas and possible mandatory health insurance for all, there's no way that many foreigners consumption patterns aren't going to be altered (read: become more constrained) by all this, and this is likely to hit everyday Thais the hardest. I think socio-economic tensions between everyday Thais and foreigners are going to rise further going forward.

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Why wouldn't he get a German passport for his kid born in Thailand? 

Germany is a bit funny about handing out passports to kids born abroad.

My cousin was born in the UK to a German mom, worked as a German/English translator for the EU in Strasbourg, never managed to get a German passport despite trying for years.

Archived