German husband of Thai woman helps by looking after the family's BBQ chicken stall

webfact

2 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Helping without a Work Permit is definitely illegal.

Saw a guy get jammed up with Immigration for being behind the bar while wifely went to the bank, plus right now there is heightened awareness about Farang working illegally here and taking Thai jobs.

I have seen similar happen at least 5 times here...........others just seem quick to rat u out and cause u a problem.

I see this story published twice now in T V.......not sure why.

Does it matter that you are unpaid?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

He looks like a good man. I hope this story does not get him in trouble like the farang who lost his legs and had a hamburger stand.

He said his life and business in Thailand was destroyed after a simple Facebook posting.

I imagine that's why someone posted this photo on Facebook.  Maybe because their jealous of the chicken leg lady and wants to put her out of business.  So show a farang helping the family and presto, their lives are messed up and someone else swoops in for the business. 

8 hours ago, aqua4 said:

Really who cares. Thais are xenophobic and racist. Maybe Thais should be kicked out of our countries. There should be reciprocity laws. You cant live in my country if I cant in yours. You cant own land in my country if I cant in yours. Is that not what globalism is about? This is nothing more than colonialism not globalism. 

Well, if you do not agree with their laws, you can always leave. It is funny to read comments about how bad Thailand is for foreigners. What is the reason why you left your own country? Do you want to change Thailand to look like your own country? Or you are going to adapt to their laws or lack of? 

This is really a non-issue as it appears that the woman is just helping out her Mom while she recovers from her illness.  They plan on returning to Germany where he has a business.  They are just here on a short visit.  It doesn't look like they have plans to live in Thailand at all.  Wow!  7 pages of a non-story and I just added to it.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, scorecard said:

And there's a good chance he's got good awareness of Thai laws about WPs etc., and deportation etc., so surprised he puts himself and his family in jeopardy. 

all i know, helping your wife is fine in her business as long as you are not handling money.

sure he will not be deported for this as he is not doing it for financial gain but just to help.

glad we dont have farang like you as immigration officers here!

Just now, Galactus said:

all i know, helping your wife is fine in her business as long as you are not handling money.

sure he will not be deported for this as he is not doing it for financial gain but just to help.

glad we dont have farang like you as immigration officers here!

Did you see the photo of him handling money for customers ?

"Helpng your wife in her business " ISNT fine , its against immigration rules and laws .

In businesses , you can get in trouble for doing anything that you can be paying a Thai to do , cooking cleansing etc

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

This was in the Thai media before it appeared here.

My Wife told me about it and she was not too happy about it.

It only takes one angry competitor to report him or attack him.

Where do you people come from? A guy is helping his family and "my wife is not too happy about it". <deleted>?

On 5/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, Captain 776 said:

Helping without a Work Permit is definitely illegal.

Working, not helping. Work means employment (Working of Alien Act definition). Work that you are paid to do for a particular company or organization.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:04 PM, Bkkjimbo said:

Feel for the guy as he is taking too big a risk to knowingly be flouting the laws like this. Maybe TV can send news to him and warn him of his actions having grave consequences for him and his family.

Your sarcasm is funny. At first I fell for it but then quickly realized you were joking. ????

On 5/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, sanemax said:

Did you see the photo of him handling money for customers ?

"Helpng your wife in her business " ISNT fine , its against immigration rules and laws .

In businesses , you can get in trouble for doing anything that you can be paying a Thai to do , cooking cleansing etc

there are certain ways you can help your wife.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:48 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

One day chicken, and the next day feathers

Off with his head. There's nothing more sickening as to see someone working in this country without a work permit. Forget all the focus on all the problems around the world people like this should be exterminated from Society. Majority of the TV members will be beside themselves knowing they will not sleep after reading such a despicable act. Personal view. Who gives a shit.......... 

I don't get it. Why would anybody come to Thailand to give birth to their child, if the hospitals in Germany are way better and free?

A sick baby in a Thai hospital, no thanks! 

Max, what's up? Did you not know that Thailand's Cybercoppers check anything on Farcebook?

Even the BKA's forensic team was sent away right after the Tsunami when they wanted to help. And they didn't receive any money, nor did they take a Thai guy's work away. 

On 5/16/2019 at 1:40 PM, Thunder26 said:

I see no problem of him doing that. There's nothing wrong about it. He was helping, and helping is not illegal. I've seen other foreigners actually running shops or restaurants and I see nothing wrong with it.

Unfortunately what you see and what they see are from two completely different sets of eyes. 

On 5/16/2019 at 10:36 AM, canopus1969 said:

Good luck to the chap if that is what he enjoys but I am surprised they did not have baby in Germany and so get a German passport

He can get a german passport for the baby here.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:50 PM, edgarfriendly said:

heartwarming story!

no signs of harassment, abuse, intimidation, extortion or outright murder.

truly the land of smiles etc

Maybe not yet but wait until the cops turn up.????

On 5/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, aqua4 said:

Really who cares. Thais are xenophobic and racist. Maybe Thais should be kicked out of our countries. There should be reciprocity laws. You cant live in my country if I cant in yours. You cant own land in my country if I cant in yours. Is that not what globalism is about? This is nothing more than colonialism not globalism. 

There is one Thai that won't be kicked out of Germany thats for sure.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:16 AM, gk10002000 said:

Nice guy, good intentions perhaps, but the Thai laws and officials may come down on him.  He can't be swishing a broom, or washing a single dish, or basting a single chicken leg by the letter.

WORK PERMIT !!!!????

Archived