BANGKOK 16 June 2019 16:18
webfact

German husband of Thai woman helps by looking after the family's BBQ chicken stall

3 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

I see no problem of him doing that. There's nothing wrong about it. He was helping, and helping is not illegal. I've seen other foreigners actually running shops or restaurants and I see nothing wrong with it.

Helping without a Work Permit is definitely illegal.

Saw a guy get jammed up with Immigration for being behind the bar while wifely went to the bank, plus right now there is heightened awareness about Farang working illegally here and taking Thai jobs.

I have seen similar happen at least 5 times here...........others just seem quick to rat u out and cause u a problem.

I see this story published twice now in T V.......not sure why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandrabbit said:

My wife & I were sat in a friends restaurant when the husband was caught by undercover police handing out menus while she was cooking, he had a severe finger wagging and told not to do it again as it would be the monkey house. The police went up and down the beach and a few restaurants were fined for different things.

Exactly,.......seen it al least 5 times myself

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Look my daughter! Look my daughter!"

60719943_1126217454218297_705736106817093632_n.jpg

55555 marry my daughter marry my daughter 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

he had a severe finger wagging and told not to do it again

So not deported then ?? 🤣😂

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

A grammar police troll post and the replies have been removed. 

immigration? no problem. it's environmental health who he should be worried about

13 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Not a big deal. I have seen this type of expat cooking at a stall many places in isaan. Saw expat selling food to several Thai cops in uniforms. Talked to the expat and his wife owns the stall and he likes to work and help out. The only people that worry in Thailand are the expats in TVF. Some of you guys need a Xanax or rent a car and travel around and meet some Thai people.

This country is not accurately protrayed  in many posts. If your family has a business and you get along with authorities they don’t treat you badly and not let you work with your family. Especially outside of the expat bubbles in Bangkok. 

Is that what you have found so far?  I know several cases of Farangs being in trouble for working like this... one had a restaurant near me and some other farangs reported him to the police as he was doing the cooking in the back, his wife serving the food.  He had to close down because of it in the end... and was embarrassed getting arrested in front of the customers!

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

He looks like a good man. I hope this story does not get him in trouble like the farang who lost his legs and had a hamburger stand.

He said his life and business in Thailand was destroyed after a simple Facebook posting.

He ground his legs into hamburger? Wow.....

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Germany is a bit funny about handing out passports to kids born abroad.

My cousin was born in the UK to a German mom, worked as a German/English translator for the EU in Strasbourg, never managed to get a German passport despite trying for years.

What are you talking about? I am a German. My son was born about 4 years ago in CM. He got a German passport immediately from the Honorary Consulate in CM. Only his German birth certificate needed 4 years.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Not a big deal. I have seen this type of expat cooking at a stall many places in isaan. Saw expat selling food to several Thai cops in uniforms. Talked to the expat and his wife owns the stall and he likes to work and help out. The only people that worry in Thailand are the expats in TVF. Some of you guys need a Xanax or rent a car and travel around and meet some Thai people.

This country is not accurately protrayed  in many posts. If your family has a business and you get along with authorities they don’t treat you badly and not let you work with your family. Especially outside of the expat bubbles in Bangkok. 

The problem is it's 'all copacetic' until the day it's not 'all copacetic.'

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Why wouldn't he get a German passport for his kid born in Thailand? 

Why not? His Child can have german Citicenship because.......Daddy is German.

8 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Good luck to the chap if that is what he enjoys but I am surprised they did not have baby in Germany and so get a German passport

You get also a german pasport as wel the Thai one..

Feel for the guy as he is taking too big a risk to knowingly be flouting the laws like this. Maybe TV can send news to him and warn him of his actions having grave consequences for him and his family.