BANGKOK 17 June 2019 20:41
webfact

German husband of Thai woman helps by looking after the family's BBQ chicken stall

Posted (edited)

Some of the difference in perspective about this may have something to do with how much you have to lose. Helping out with the mother-in-law's grilled chicken stand while you're on a pit-stop visit to your wife's home town isn't risking much, but when you have a house, land, and family here, you could end up risking everything with a visa violation.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Helping without a Work Permit is definitely illegal.

Saw a guy get jammed up with Immigration for being behind the bar while wifely went to the bank, plus right now there is heightened awareness about Farang working illegally here and taking Thai jobs.

I have seen similar happen at least 5 times here...........others just seem quick to rat u out and cause u a problem.

I see this story published twice now in T V.......not sure why.

Does it matter that you are unpaid?

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

He looks like a good man. I hope this story does not get him in trouble like the farang who lost his legs and had a hamburger stand.

He said his life and business in Thailand was destroyed after a simple Facebook posting.

I imagine that's why someone posted this photo on Facebook.  Maybe because their jealous of the chicken leg lady and wants to put her out of business.  So show a farang helping the family and presto, their lives are messed up and someone else swoops in for the business. 

9 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

I nominate the replies to this thread for "most overreacted to" post of the year.  Geez

Yes the 'report him and deport him' mentality by some on here is both pathetic and sad!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, aqua4 said:

Really who cares. Thais are xenophobic and racist. Maybe Thais should be kicked out of our countries. There should be reciprocity laws. You cant live in my country if I cant in yours. You cant own land in my country if I cant in yours. Is that not what globalism is about? This is nothing more than colonialism not globalism. 

Well, if you do not agree with their laws, you can always leave. It is funny to read comments about how bad Thailand is for foreigners. What is the reason why you left your own country? Do you want to change Thailand to look like your own country? Or you are going to adapt to their laws or lack of? 

Edited by GoodieAfterDark
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

So not deported then ?? 🤣😂

no he's still here.

8 hours ago, Montnoveau said:

Does it matter that you are unpaid?

Yes, even unpaid will run you into trouble with the authorities.

This is really a non-issue as it appears that the woman is just helping out her Mom while she recovers from her illness.  They plan on returning to Germany where he has a business.  They are just here on a short visit.  It doesn't look like they have plans to live in Thailand at all.  Wow!  7 pages of a non-story and I just added to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Look my daughter! Look my daughter!"

60719943_1126217454218297_705736106817093632_n.jpg

He needs more than chicken wings to get out of trouble from this pic.

Post in "German" removed.

21 hours ago, transam said:

I would like the link to the latter story...

So would I (trailing elipses)

On 5/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, scorecard said:

And there's a good chance he's got good awareness of Thai laws about WPs etc., and deportation etc., so surprised he puts himself and his family in jeopardy. 

all i know, helping your wife is fine in her business as long as you are not handling money.

sure he will not be deported for this as he is not doing it for financial gain but just to help.

glad we dont have farang like you as immigration officers here!

• Like 1

Just now, Galactus said:

all i know, helping your wife is fine in her business as long as you are not handling money.

sure he will not be deported for this as he is not doing it for financial gain but just to help.

glad we dont have farang like you as immigration officers here!

Did you see the photo of him handling money for customers ?

"Helpng your wife in her business " ISNT fine , its against immigration rules and laws .

In businesses , you can get in trouble for doing anything that you can be paying a Thai to do , cooking cleansing etc

• Like 1