BANGKOK 27 June 2019 07:38

We got the same vagueness from the private kindergarten and school our granddaughter attended. Information comes in the form of a printed sheet given to parents a few days before things happen.
You got a piece of paper? Wow.

Sent from my iris88_go using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 minutes ago, cooked said:

You mean the guy that takes a delight in humiliating newbies and generally comes across as a know it all?
No thanks, he's the reason I no longer contribute to that forum although he has gone a bit quieter recently.

I doubt it. The guy I am talking about has been a teacher here for 20 odd years. He has always been very helpful on the forum, from what I have seen. Never seen him ridicule anyone, even when a couple of others have baited him.

Lets face it, if someone has been here for that long they are bound to know what they are talking about.

I doubt it. The guy I am talking about has been a teacher here for 20 odd years. He has always been very helpful on the forum, from what I have seen. Never seen him ridicule anyone, even when a couple of others have baited him.

Lets face it, if someone has been here for that long they are bound to know what they are talking about.
That's the guy. He sent me a series of ridiculously sneering PMs after I had the gall to disagree with something. I found myself PMing newbies explaining about him. Maybe you haven't been here as long as I have.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, cooked said:

That's the guy. He sent me a series of ridiculously sneering PMs after I had the gall to disagree with something. I found myself PMing newbies explaining about him. Maybe you haven't been here as long as I have.

Been here since 1999. Been a member on there since 2010.

So you've become a snitch? Makes you worse. There is nothing worse on any forum than back stabbing.

Edited by youreavinalaff

Please stay on topic and the topic is not about any particular member.    There is a report button for reporting posts and members who post inflammatory remarks, troll or are otherwise off-topic.  

Posted (edited)

My experience with such large classrooms, high school 36-45 students. Ineffective, limiting. One needs a completely different approach in teaching 20 or 40 students. After 35 it's a sea of faces. I always fought that feeling at the one school. In the end, I left. Loved that school and the students but huge classes, hundreds of students. I was feeling ineffective and the classroom unrewarding. I'd say 25 is ok, less is best. 30 a maximum. I think my own k-12 education was about 25-30 students. Language is different though, smaller classes really are far better.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 2