Want to Buy a Home in Thailand? You Have More Than 450,000 to Choose From

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No they just have mortgages to pay...

Not to mention many owners are older. They won't live forever and might need that money for retirement, and when they're gone the kids will surely sell. Besides - hold and wait only works when the market is stable. When the market is crashing (and it WILL crash eventually) no one will hold and wait...

I think this is a terrible time to buy. Huge oversupply vs dwindling demand, and a stack of other problems that will likely push prices down.

It's gone crazy. I guess Thai greed is the driving force. Example:- Q House near Nana station are offering condos from 30 million baht up to 170 Million. Yeah, you read that right. Where do Thais get the idea anyone is going to pay that much? You could buy in Beverly Hills or Monaco for less.

As for us Farang, who is going to invest in a Mickey Mouse country with no stability of Govt or Visa?

13 hours ago, webfact said:

It’s a chance to get into the market as home builders look to clear excess stock at lower prices, according to Aliwassa Pathnadabutr, a managing director of CBRE Group Inc. in Thailand.

LMAO

It seems pretty well known to everyone except Aliwassa that the logical rules of supply demand don't apply to Thailand real estate. It's absurd to think that Thais lower prices when markets are soft. I believe they go they other way, raising prices to compensate for the time it sat waiting for a buyer.    

2 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

LMAO

It seems pretty well known to everyone except Aliwassa that the logical rules of supply demand don't apply to Thailand real estate. It's absurd to think that Thais lower prices when markets are soft. I believe they go they other way, raising prices to compensate for the time it sat waiting for a buyer.    

Thai logic..... they are selling less so they'll have to raise prices.

I would be very wary of buying anything now.  If you're looking to retire anywhere in Thailand you are at the mercy of the Thai government at what they might require to obtain a one year retirement visa.  For a long time it was just 800K baht in a Thai bank.  What if it were to change to:

1)  1 million THB in a Thai bank and your daily balance cannot drop below 800K THB at anytime.

2)  Mandatory Health insurance which covers hospital stays as well as outpatient.  

All things to think about when purchasing property in a country that could very possibly make it difficult for you stay in the country.  What if you are 75+ and can't get health insurance?

17 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I would be very wary of buying anything now.  If you're looking to retire anywhere in Thailand you are at the mercy of the Thai government at what they might require to obtain a one year retirement visa.  For a long time it was just 800K baht in a Thai bank.  What if it were to change to:

1)  1 million THB in a Thai bank and your daily balance cannot drop below 800K THB at anytime.

2)  Mandatory Health insurance which covers hospital stays as well as outpatient.  

All things to think about when purchasing property in a country that could very possibly make it difficult for you stay in the country.  What if you are 75+ and can't get health insurance?

Exactly what I thought. It's that link between health insurance and visa that will screw up our retirement and force us to leave. They gave us a retirement visa and then took it away with the limitations of health insurance.

Archived