Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 June 2019 10:07
webfact

KBank launches K PLUS overseas funds transfer feature

Recommended Posts

good news, I would expect others to follow

 

is it an online service and going to be available to all - why not

 

my money comes from overseas so why can I not do the same in the other direction

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question, don't you have to have permission or declare something if you're taking more than 20,000 baht out of the country?. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interesting.

 

I installed this "K PLUS" application on the mobile.

 

Registration process was quite exhausting/complex.

E.g. you need cellular internet connection for the registration.

(you can allow WiFi for further use)

 

You need debit card no, pin, passport number, email adr. (where some verification code is sent to). Define a new pin (for the application?).

 

Terms and conditions longer than the old testament.

I searched for additional cost (no mention).

 

Finally I got through.

 

Clicked on "International Transfer".

 

Spinning wheel for about 2 minutes (for the patient users).

Then I had to enter my address (again a bit tricky with list selection for province, district, sub district..).\

But then to my surprise: asked about SWIFT code of receiving bank.

I entered it for my German bank and name of bank comes up.

Transfer in Euro, amount.

A small list of "purposes".

Selected "Goods".

And at this point I cancelled.

 

If someone draws me the Euro/Baht rate over the next 6 months I will do a full test :biggrin:

 

 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From reading the terms about international transfer, I doubt that it is more than a technical/self service tool.

The terms still write about supporting documents etc.

I doubt I can simply use repatriate income for workers without having registered at the bank?

Quote

The new feature targets customers wishing to make overseas funds transfer for goods payment, expats working in Thailand and parents with children studying abroad

 

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Interesting.

 

I installed this "K PLUS" application on the mobile.

 

Registration process was quite exhausting/complex.

E.g. you need cellular internet connection for the registration.

(you can allow WiFi for further use)

 

You need debit card no, pin, passport number, email adr. (where some verification code is sent to). Define a new pin (for the application?).

 

Terms and conditions longer than the old testament.

I searched for additional cost (no mention).

 

Finally I got through.

 

Clicked on "International Transfer".

 

Spinning wheel for about 2 minutes (for the patient users).

Then I had to enter my address (again a bit tricky with list selection for province, district, sub district..).\

But then to my surprise: asked about SWIFT code of receiving bank.

I entered it for my German bank and name of bank comes up.

Transfer in Euro, amount.

A small list of "purposes".

Selected "Goods".

And at this point I cancelled.

 

If someone draws me the Euro/Baht rate over the next 6 months I will do a full test :biggrin:

 

 

Did mine at the Kasikorn bank while picking up my new debit card. Took a few minutes with the staffs help!!

Edited by DPKANKAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, seancbk said:

 

Finally all the people on here who've been complaining they can't get their millions out of the country can relax. 

😎

Read the fine print: Funds can be transferred for one of five objectives: merchandise payment, consultant’s fee, students’ expenses, income repatriation by workers and remittance to family members with permanent residence overseas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like there is no change in transfer policy.  That is, the rules as to who can transfer and for what purposes.  Instead, it sounds like it just an app upgrade--not to imply it will work for a person unless the transfer meets certain requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:
6 hours ago, seancbk said:

 

Finally all the people on here who've been complaining they can't get their millions out of the country can relax. 

😎

Read the fine print: Funds can be transferred for one of five objectives: merchandise payment, consultant’s fee, students’ expenses, income repatriation by workers and remittance to family members with permanent residence overseas.

 

Those look like the same reasons I've been given every time I've needed to send money overseas.  Merchandise payment is the easiest - you are buying something from overseas. 

I just tried it and it isn't 24 hours.   So you can't decide at 8pm that you want to send some cash to one of our offshore accounts, you have to wait until office hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The company said in a press release on Thursday that recipients get a full amount of funds with no deduction, from real-time to within three business days (T+3) depending on destination countries. 

 

Aside from inexpensive fees, senders get an alert of the funds transfer result, the press release said. 

 

Typical Thai Bank double-talk.  No charge until July 15, 2019 and then whammy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, smedly said:

good news, I would expect others to follow

 

is it an online service and going to be available to all - why not

 

my money comes from overseas so why can I not do the same in the other direction

On-line, but is it available on smartphone and also using the basic K Bank internet banking KCyber?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scorecard said:

On-line, but is it available on smartphone and also using the basic K Bank internet banking KCyber?

As I described above it's a smartphone app and I can't find something comparable at KCyber website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

As I described above it's a smartphone app and I can't find something comparable at KCyber website.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...