Best Visa Agent?

elektrified

I've read all or most of the old threads...

Who are the best visa agents who are well connected and can get things done? I'm not interested in people who prepare forms and hold your hand, or opportunistic farangs using a Thai wife as a proxy.

Thanks in advance.

You have done some research.   My "research" has not shown any one agent as better than another, though there are one or two that have no office who will come to your home to do all the paperwork processing and then bring the completed, for example, 90 day report back to you.

Do you have some specific or unusual need that you don't just use the one most convenient to where you live, shop, work, frequent?  That is what I have done over the years and it has worked out quite well.  Of course, you have to balance fees against convenience.

It seems to me questions like this need to specify which of two broad types of visa agent is wanted:

1) an agent who will facilitate the process of getting a visa or extension for which you meet the official requirements and who will charge a modest fee, or

2) one who will get you what you want even though you don't meet the official requirements and who will charge a hefty fee.

17 minutes ago, JTXR said:

It seems to me questions like this need to specify which of two broad types of visa agent is wanted:

1) an agent who will facilitate the process of getting a visa or extension for which you meet the official requirements and who will charge a modest fee, or

2) one who will get you what you want even though you don't meet the official requirements and who will charge a hefty fee.

True.

I already know who 2) are. I'm interested in 1).

OS Thai Visa is very efficient and they do everything (you must meet the immigration requirements though). They have an office now in Meechok Plaza which is very convenient from where I live. I used to use Assist Thai Visa but they are located way of the other side of town and it was a hassle. OS Thai Visa is also a bit cheaper.

7 hours ago, JTXR said:

I'd be interested in finding a 2) who doesn't charge too much - I need someone who can manage the 800k transfer because we prefer to pay the mortgage off faster rather than hold the money in the bank.

Could you PM details so I can ask prices?

1 minute ago, ben2talk said:

I'd be interested in finding a 2) who doesn't charge too much - I need someone who can manage the 800k transfer because we prefer to pay the mortgage off faster rather than hold the money in the bank.

Could you PM details so I can ask prices?

No point in owning a house if you can't enter the country to live in it.

And if you've paid off the loan, she may not be so keen to have you living here.

Transferring your VISA money into her house ...... not a good idea.

3 hours ago, noise said:

Elektrified  --  seeing all these replies makes me ask if you have found the answer you were looking for?  It seems  like everyone is saying it is pretty much a personal choice influenced by fees and convenience.

I am going to pop in Assist Thai Visa on Tuesday when they open and start there. I'll report on how it went.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:23 PM, Genericnic said:

Been using Best Friend Visa for the past couple of years. Good service at a fair price. Minimal hand holding but I don't need that. Just makes the process smoother. 

David

best price based on previous reports and when I used them several years ago

service was fine

7 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

I have it on solid information that you can get your retirement extension the first time or renewed without this b.s. from Thai Immigration if you pony up 20,000 baht to the agent along of course with the normal fees already in place.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, of course this is available here, in Bangkok, and in other parts of the country.

Archived