TM30 procedures - Help needed please

Good day to you all. This is my first post although I have been following the daily ThaiVisa emails for a few years already.

By way of introduction, I was born in the UK and hold a British Passport. I retired in 2006 and within a few months I moved to Penang where I have lived happily for the last twelve years. I have a Social Visit Pass under the Malaysia My Second Home Programme. The Social Visit Pass is effectively a ten year multiple entry visa with no further reporting to Malaysian immigration (except to transfer the Pass from an old passport to a new one from time to time).

In 2009 I met a Thai lady and five months later persuaded her to move to Penang where we could be together. Two years later we were married.

Since my wife (then my partner) moved to Malaysia we have made frequent visits to Thailand. We have become particularly fond of Hua Hin where for the last three or four years we have rented a pool villa for two months twice a year. Earlier this year my wife completed the purchase of our own villa in Cha-am.

Next month we plan to visit Cha-am for three months (SETV plus extension for me). I have some questions relating to the TM30 form which I hope somebody will be able to answer.

We plan to arrive in Cha-am on a Friday afternoon. I understand that my wife is required to file a TM30 report within twenty four hours of our arrival. Given that the Cha-am immigration office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays will it be acceptable to file the TM30 on the following Monday? What documents are required when filing the TM30? Originals or copies (or both)?

Alternatively, would it be possible to file the TM30 in Hua Hin? The immigration office at Bluport is open on Saturday mornings but is, of course, in a different province.

I am particularly concerned that we get this TM30 filed correctly because I will have to visit Immigration in order to extend my SETV and I have read that any irregularities with the TM30 might lead to the extension being refused.

Our fallback position would be to delay our departure by three days in order to arrive on the Tuesday (I try to avoid the border at weekends when it can be very busy).

Thanking you in anticipation of your replies.

You have to file the TM30 within the Province where your address is located.

In your case the Phetchaburi Immigration office.

It is not a problem to file on the Monday when arriving on Friday.

You need a completed TM30 form.

Copy of wife's house book (Tabien Baan)

Copy of her Thai ID card.

Copy of your passport.

It would be a good idea to visit Immigration with your wife to file the TM30.

They may take copies of your TM6, Visa and entry stamp to compile a personal computerised file.

This would certainly aid further extension applications.

It's also possible for private home owners to now register the TM30 online.

Edited by Tanoshi

I note the closure of the immigration office over the weekend.   Please check they do not have some staff on duty specifically for tm30. I have recently received this for Chiang mai IO..... Others may be doing something similar......

The immigration has just confirmed with us that at this moment, the TM.30 update department is now opened every day.

Office Hours:

Monday – Sunday (include Public Holidays)

9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.

Upon your return date, you can visit the immigration to update TM.30 within 24 hours of your arrival within the Kingdom at any day to avoid a fine.

If you arrive late after 4:00 P.M., you can kindly visit them the next day in order to register the TM.30 afterward.

hope this helps avoiding fines....

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Just found the link for online registration.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

Once registered you'll be advised of a username and password for further TM30 filing online.

Thanks a heap!  If I understand it correctly having registered using this link (first step) and filing of actual TM30 online later after having received username:password, will avoid having to visit the Immigration Office.  In my case that would be very handy as the IO is +70 km away (I had my TM30 stamped at the local police-station instead).

4 minutes ago, SNowtiger said:

Hi, I did the online registration on 14th. I got a mail back to confirm my email adress. Until now I'm not got User and Password to login. How long it will. How long does it take until it arrives ?

It would be dependant on the local office, mine took 10 days in pattaya for username/password 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SNowtiger said:

It's also possible to do the 90 day report on the same page or ist it only for the TM30 ?

This page has links to both the hotel/TM30 online system, and the 90-day report online system. These are separate "system" interfaces.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces

Edited by mtls2005

23 minutes ago, SNowtiger said:

Hi, I did the online registration on 14th. I got a mail back to confirm my email adress. Until now I'm not got User and Password to login. How long it will. How long does it take until it arrives ?

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It would be dependant on the local office, mine took 10 days in pattaya for username/password

From memory about 5 days for mine.

51 minutes ago, SNowtiger said:

Wifey registered 18th of April and got the email confirming email address. Since the nothing, no sign of the username and password which is disappointing as we too have a long trip to our 'local' Immigration Office otherwise.

38 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Wifey registered 18th of April and got the email confirming email address. Since the nothing, no sign of the username and password which is disappointing as we too have a long trip to our 'local' Immigration Office otherwise.

Contact your local IO.

There is a separate address reporting desk at Tha Yang, the immigration office for Cha-Am, Phetchaburi. Bizarrely when I went to report my arrival back in Thailand after a trip abroad at the beginning of May, I was given a TM28 to fill out! When presented to the IO, he stated that as I was a property “owner” with an O-A visa, who had not changed address, there was no requirement to report my absence from the Kingdom.

12 hours ago, SNowtiger said:

Should they send the User and Password via mail ?

Some people (Bangkok) report still waiting after three weeks.

Others (Ubon Ratchathani) reported getting the Approved username and (initial) password in two days.

Assume the trainees assigned the task of review and approval are struggling with the surge in registrations, or some offices simply are not aware that they need to review these?

Maybe ask a Thai person to inquire, although the phone in Bangkok goes unanswered.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Some people (Bangkok) report still waiting after three weeks.

Others (Ubon Ratchathani) reported getting the Approved username and (initial) password in two days.

Assume the trainees assigned the task of review and approval are struggling with the surge in registrations, or some offices simply are not aware that they need to review these?

Maybe ask a Thai person to inquire, although the phone in Bangkok goes unanswered.

As I stated in a previous post I received my Username and Password with two hours and not two days.

23 hours ago, JamesH said:

As I stated in a previous post I received my Username and Password with two hours and not two days.

Kool.

Have you been able to login, create a new password (this is the first step after receiving approval with the temporary password) and complete a report?

47 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Kool.

Have you been able to login, create a new password (this is the first step after receiving approval with the temporary password) and complete a report?

Logging in and creating a new password was easy but no matter how many times I try I am unable to send my application. I know I am entering the correct data in the form but each time I try to record it I get a popup "input data" error

35 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Logging in and creating a new password was easy but no matter how many times I try I am unable to send my application. I know I am entering the correct data in the form but each time I try to record it I get a popup "input data" error

Probably just a format error, maybe re: dates, could try the Excel spreadsheet then upload it, that works for some. The Excel sheet upload does re-arrange the dates properly.

This video is in Thai but maybe it can help...

Edited by mtls2005