BANGKOK 19 June 2019 06:50

With the Aud falling to 21.85 and with more rate cuts on the way for Aussies it is very very likely that the THB will fall below 20THB and within the next few months. Do you still think Thailand is worth living with this abysmal exchange rate and what if it keeps dropping down to 15thb or lower. I am keen to see if Aussies will still continue to live here or move on I mean with the current exchange rate I would think most aussies on the pension would not qualify for the retirement visa. 

Yep, sucks big time !! but I've got no choice in the matter ...I live here....my family is here.....It also really depends on what your financial commitments are, your lifestyle, etc.

Luckily my monthly salary is above average,  that helps offset the low AU$

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cranki said:

Yep, sucks big time !! but I've got no choice in the matter ...I live here....my family is here.....It also really depends on what your financial commitments are, your lifestyle, etc.

Luckily my monthly salary is above average,  that helps offset the low AU$

Your getting paid in OZ dollars?

25 minutes ago, madmen said:

Your getting paid in OZ dollars?

Yep, I,m a FiFo worker....was getting paid in US$ 18 mths ago for 3 years, which was a way better xchange rate.

• Like 1

Its depressing. Due to bring 400k thb accross early next month for visa. Talk of mandatory medical. Electricity appears to have gone up 30%. So much so I am unsubscribing from this thread.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, madmen said:

The only reason to live here now is if you cant get laid in oz. if you drop your living standards and rent a shoe box and live on sugar enhanced , msg meals that dont even resemble real food ( 80% boiled rice) well then its cheaper but its a huge backward step

the meals here are bad?  not healthy? street food. ect

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1