Is Thailand still worth it for Aussies?

plus terrible roads, corruption, crime, xenophobia, too hot etc etc etc. in my opinion your instincts are right, dont do it. The Thais just dont want you there and that is not a welcoming place to be, I have just moved my family out of there.

WHERE did you move them to?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

We have a hooker in my family and talk about her income all the time.  She always buys nice presents for the village children. 

Must be nice to have a hooker in the family. 

18 minutes ago, Nemises said:

$19.95 for a pack of cigarettes in Aus ?
You wish! Price is around $39.95

Hmm..since I purchased the ciggies on Thursday...and you were nowhere near Oz on that day,I merely salute you as yet another denizen of La La Land.

Must be something in the water (the lead pipes) over there or the adoption of the major Thai character traits of denial and fantastical thinking..who can tell?

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Hmm..since I purchased the ciggies on Thursday...and you were nowhere near Oz on that day,I merely salute you as yet another denizen of La La Land.

Must be something in the water (the lead pipes) over there or the adoption of the major Thai character traits of denial and fantastical thinking..who can tell?

I purchased a packet of winnie blues (25 pack) 3 weeks ago....they cost me $43....It's obviously you living in lala land man.....

Sorry to discredit your BS but I’m AM in Aus now (and was last Thursday). So please advise the brand name of your cigarettes so I can go check the TRUE cost of your “$19.95” pack of ciggies...

9 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Sorry to discredit you but I’m AM in Aus now (and was last Thursday). So please advise the brand name of your cigarettes so I can go check the TRUE cost of your “$19.95” pack of ciggies...

Try it on somebody else...Oh good then you can post a photo.

Hmm..

Choice 20-$22.95

Deal $22.95

Holiday $21.95 discounted to 19.95.

along with the 8 dollar middies..

The $50.00 racks of lamb..etc..etc.

Very new Australians on this thread.

Try it on somebody else...Oh good then you can post a photo.

Hmm..

Choice 20-$22.95
Deal $22.95
Holiday $21.95 discounted to 19.95.

Ah ok. You’re smoking the cheap Charlies. I’ll go check (in Sydney) the prices of your no-frills brands tomorrow.

9 hours ago, mike787 said:

...add to that how much you lose when calculating if you were to put 800/400K in a conservative 6-8% return over 5,10,15,20 years, passively managed mutual fund with low fees that tracks the global markets, you will see how stupid it is to give your money to Thai banks as a free loan.  Reality, it's called money laundering.  Enjoy your stay in LOS.

Use the income method instead, 

9 hours ago, cranki said:

If your worrying over a piddly amount of 400/800k baht, you definitely should stay in Oz ????

Investing and math reality 101. 

Invest 800,000 bht at 6% over 15yr with 0 contribution monthly = 1,963,238.04 bht. profit= 1,163,252.19 bht.  Now, I realize you maybe loaded with more cash than the King, or your investing philosophy is "different".  Good for you!!!  Others, may find it insightful/helpful to be informed/aware of the "options" based on their decisions. 

Does that help you understand or NOT?

5 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Ah ok. You’re smoking the cheap Charlies. I’ll go check (in Sydney) the prices of your no-frills brands tomorrow.

Sure you will.

Don't give up your day job.

As I say..something in the water..

I don't smoke by the way...those ciggies were my friend's-I was the one with the decent,ice cold schooner of beer-$5.50.

She had the coke..

5 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Use the income method instead, 

Compound interest is calculated by multiplying the initial principal amount by one plus the annual interest rate raised to the number of compoundperiods minus one. The total initial amount of the loan is then subtracted from the resulting value.

The Income Method measures national incomefrom the side of payments made to the primary factors of production in the form of rent, wages, interest and profit for their productive services in an accounting year. ... Hence, value of national income method should be the same as the one calculated by value added method.

They are mathematically inversely proportionate. NOT the same.  Avocados versus Beer.

Sure you will.
Don't give up your day job.
As I say..something in the water..
I don't smoke by the way...those ciggies were my friend's-I was the one with the decent,ice cold beer-$5.50.

Sure you don’t smoke. You’re also not a bogan [emoji3]

On 5/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, madmen said:

No . Absolutely not, just holidays and play 2 week millionaire then go back home where a dollar is still worth a dollar.

I'm afraid you'll need a bit more than that for a bottle of water :

The average cost of the most popular bottled water in Australia is $2.75 per litre. Therefore Australians may have spent up to $2 billion dollars on bottled water in 2015.

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

$19.95 for a pack of cigarettes in Aus ?
You wish! Price is around $39.95

I thought that was more like it. Don't know what you buy for $19.95, a packet of 10?

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

I'm afraid you'll need a bit more than that for a bottle of water :

The average cost of the most popular bottled water in Australia is $2.75 per litre. Therefore Australians may have spent up to $2 billion dollars on bottled water in 2015.

Right...gosh you're good.

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

plus terrible roads, corruption, crime, xenophobia, too hot etc etc etc. in my opinion your instincts are right, dont do it. The Thais just dont want you there and that is not a welcoming place to be, I have just moved my family out of there.

Too late, I moved here 9 years ago.

Aussies can get a job teaching English. Put 43,000 baht a month in the bank. Get extra teaching gigs for day to day expenses. When Australian dollar reaches par with THB you will thank me for this advice.

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Right...gosh you're good.

my apologies for posting in the middle of your pissing match with someone else.  I'll go away  (no need to thank me. )     very boring thread anyway

1 minute ago, Nemises said:

I’d say things are pretty boring tonight in your $200 Bowral pub digs tonight. Enjoy your “$19.95” ciggies with your bogan mates.

Tich..tich..you couldn't even translate the Latin.

"Big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em

..and little fleas have littler fleas...

and so on..add infinitum.."

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

my apologies for posting in the middle of your pissing match with someone else.  I'll go away  (no need to thank me. )     very boring thread anyway

Yes please..go don your gas mask and go back to extolling the beauties of Chiang Mai.You are doing so awfully well..

But thanks for the tip about the bottled water.

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes please..go don your gas mask and go back to extolling the beauties of Chiang Mai.You are doing so awfully well..

But thanks for the tip about the bottled water.

you sound like a really nice guy

15 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

Also I read that girls in Aussie are the worst to pick up with their attitudes and only go for rich men or models

You read that, eh?

Long as you stay in your lane, you'll be fine.  Mate.  :thumbsup:

image.png.9343a1cbd1e91de17cac4defee845ff6.png

Archived