Thailand Elite - what happens when you enter w 1 week to expire?

Im on the TE VISA. I'm scheduled to fly into BKK with only 1 week left on the VISA. I'm getting mixed information about what happens, I would like to hear if anyone was in a similar situation.

1) Do you get the usual 1 year stamp and can travel in and out? for a year

2) One year stamp but on the next time you come in, VISA is no longer valid?

3) only allowed to stay 1 more week? Despite the 90 days report / 1 year stamp

On a similar note, I would imagine I could enter the country on VISA exempt without any issues (ie, 2 exempts per year, etc)

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is TE a multi entry visa (expiration day 5 year from the issue day) with each entry eligible for one year Permitted to Stay? If so, it will be treated like a multi entry visa as long as the visa is valid (on or before visa expiration date). No visa allows you to travel in and out after it expires. 

21 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Is TE a multi entry visa (expiration day 5 year from the issue day) with each entry eligible for one year Permitted to Stay? If so, it will be treated like a multi entry visa as long as the visa is valid (on or before visa expiration date). No visa allows you to travel in and out after it expires. 

The Thai Elite PE visa is a multiple entry visa. As I wrote above he will get a new one year entry and will need a re-entry permit to keep it valid.

• Like 1