British man stabbed, girlfriend disappear as police hunt for suspect stalls

snoop1130

British man stabbed, girlfriend disappear as police hunt for suspect stalls

By The Phuket News

1558004759_1-org.jpg

British national Neil Goodwin spoke to police at the hospital, but then disappeared, Col Nikorn said today (May 16). Photo: Chalong Municipality

PHUKET:-- Police have yet to make any progress in arresting a foreign man for stabbing a British national in Phuket earlier this month – with the victim and his girlfriend both not answering police calls or assisting the police in any other way, The Phuket News has been told.

Neil Goodwin, a 35-year-old expat resident of Rawai, was stabbed in the car park at the We Cafe restaurnat on Chao Fa West Rd on the evening of May 1 after arriving at the venue with his girlfriend, Sudarat Harnma.

Mr Goodwin was rushed to hospital before police arrived. He had been stabbed twice: once in the left shoulder and once in the left side of the body.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-stabbed-girlfriend-disappear-as-police-hunt-for-suspect-stalls-71454.php#RZKyeKCr70mz6x6G.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-16

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Neil Goodwin, a 35-year-old expat resident

yes he has retired to Thailand at 35

is it any wonder they don't want the police involved 

I could have a very good educated guess

We ought to come up with term to replace "girlfriend" in episodes such as these. Girl + enemy... maybe girlemy? Ideas anyone?

Regarding this specific instance, maybe it's just "how they roll"

6 hours ago, smedly said:

probably a couple of boiler room phone monkeys arguing over some girl, or maybe not, who knows and who really cares? bib don't seem to bothered, just hanging in there hoping there's a payment coming ????

“Before the attack, there was a dispute over Ms Sudarat as she has two boyfriends at the same time,” Col Nikorn said.

“Just before the stabbing took place, Ms Sudarat’s other boyfriend made arrangements with Mr Goodwin through LINE application to meet at We Cafe,” the police chief explained.

“As Mr Goodwin and Ms Sudarat parked up and got out of their car, Mr Goodwin was attacked.”

59 minutes ago, mike787 said:

AGAIN!  Come ON!!!!  New Visa rules imposed, Health insurance requirements for Visa, foreigner jumping to death inside mall, Russian washed up dead on beach, bike deaths every day....this place is worse than an apocalypse....WHy the heck people love it here so much???

Because most of us refuse to hang out / ride bikes with / like idiots.

57 minutes ago, mike787 said:

AGAIN!  Come ON!!!!  New Visa rules imposed, Health insurance requirements for Visa, foreigner jumping to death inside mall, Russian washed up dead on beach, bike deaths every day....this place is worse than an apocalypse....WHy the heck people love it here so much???

The smart people that love it here (LOS) do not read gossip, or the news, too much. The really smart people also do not mix with the really stupid ones.

It's funny that westerners only think that murders and bizarre calamities are only occurring "today", when in fact, it has been a persistent issue throughout history. With today's internet access, more carpolla (sic) is making it to mainstream media.

1 hour ago, Gumballl said:

The smart people that love it here (LOS) do not read gossip, or the news, too much. The really smart people also do not mix with the really stupid ones.

Well said.  Although now I'm questioning my intellectual level given I scan through the daily Thai Visa emails for interesting threads and typically the ones I open are the "Farang stabbed' or 'Farang jumps' type threads.   Morbid curiosity about other Westerners I suppose.

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Because most of us refuse to hang out / ride bikes with / like idiots.

Right on! If you stay out of the kitchen you are far less likely to get burned!

sadly lots of expats don’t see their lifestyles as courting danger.

there are lots of sex and love addicts in Thailand ( some ... lots of the jumper deaths and other suicides are related to this way of relating!).

maybe this guy was a decent law abiding honest non-monger bloke was just not able to see signs or way duped and eventually got blindsided by a few things apart from ending with a knife?!

ive never has girl problems and had a few relationships in LOS over a long time. Why? Because I don’t frequent bars don’t date bar girls or hookers of any sort (not that I say that’s wrong!).

i meet women when im sober (all the time) and luckily by sane introduction from sane moderate friends.

Always dated highly educated women (not saying I know what this poor fellas life was like just giving a contrast to what often happens in LOS), gals closer to my age all who’ve been a joy to know.

hope he don’t die, n recovers to learn from n grow out of the experience.

28 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Here are the key points:

“Before the attack, there was a dispute over Ms Sudarat as she has two boyfriends at the same time,” Col Nikorn said.

Are you implying she was a business woman  ???? or just a ho

Charge him for not co-operating/ impeding / obstruction of  an ongoing police investigation.  Or explain to him the consequences / possible deportation with a charge like that and you may hear a little bird sing a bit then.

18 hours ago, smedly said:

agreed , no one has the money at 35 to retire. only a toe rag

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, steelepulse said:

If the police really want to talk to the guy, why don't they rock up to the hospital seeing as they know he's still there?

It's obvious that he is no longer in the hospital that you suggest they rock up to.

Archived