BANGKOK 16 June 2019 03:35
snoop1130

British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, neeray said:

Interesting. Almost all comments here accept/assume suicide. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe he leaned on a railing and fell over. Maybe he parked his butt on it and ..... . Maybe he suffered a seizure or blackout before falling.

"Nobody knows for sure"?

Maybe the quoted witness was just making it up, eh?...

"A vendor near the site on the sixth floor said she noticed a foreigner trying to climb over the barrier, but had let go by the time she got to him".

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

And you think it is only in Thailand that people commit suicide ?

Yeah, but it is so frequent here.

44 minutes ago, ttrd said:

A location not containing humans doesn't Count as we know whales and seals doens't drive motorbikes - try again … :thumbsup:

The island of Sark, UK ... and Venice, Italy.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Another one. Further proof of what living here can do to you. Thailand can destroy you, mentally, physically and financially. All we can ask is, did he fall or was he pushed? There must have been witnesses in a store like that. Horrible way to go, seeing the ground rushing towards you must seem like an eternity, like the apparent slow motion experienced in a car crash... then splat! RIP.

Further proof of what living here can do to you. Thailand can destroy you, mentally, physically and financially. 

only if your a weak person

lived here 20 years been most places never been pushed anywhere, get with the program 

Edited by Tomahawk21
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can't say the same for the 66 killed on the roads every day. More chance of being killed driving/riding home from the mall by a long shot.

It's 80 per day.

8 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And you think it is only in Thailand that people commit suicide ?

dont know the stats but i think Thailands a winner with that

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

dont know the stats but i think Thailands a winner with that

read my post above, you are wrong

9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

read my post above, you are wrong

just shows you how many weak and sick people are around

• Like 1

Just now, Tomahawk21 said:

just shows you how many weak and sick people are around

I am not sure they are weak as it must take a lot of guts to jump.  Sick/depressed though most certainly.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I am not sure they are weak as it must take a lot of guts to jump.  Sick/depressed though most certainly.

i get what ur saying and i agree with you but, you and i would not go to those exstreams in public place. thats where it starts to get crazy 

Edited by Tomahawk21

13 hours ago, Kevin mcbeath said:

Headline reads jumped police say fell?

He most certainly fell to his death. Perhaps he jumped over the barrier? Or once over the barrier he jumped into the emptiness? But in either case it was the fall and associated sudden stop, aka impact, that lead to his demise. I have a fear of concrete or concrete like hard surfaces, so jumping to my death is out the question for me, unless I was to jump into water, and since I've always been a great swimmer, this wouldn't be a option for me either. I am curious about the charcoal method one poster referred to. But the idea of eating a bunch of charcoal isn't very appealing to begin with then when some unlucky bloke finds me, he'll see the black charcoal crumbs around my mouth and figure I ate chocolate cake until I died. Not the legacy, I , a former bulimic and compulsive fitness  guru want to leave behind. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

I'm unclear what kind of respect for the body is required in the event of a very public suicide. Would respect include limiting speculation and reserving judgments without fact on a public forum? 

The suicide is one thing (if it was a suicide) and a tragic on its own.

But it does not invite automatically the pictorial satisfaction of bystanders - honestly I wonder what they do with these pictures? Hollering about how stupid people are or sharing it with the kids on social media? 

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Did you look at the photo in the O.P.?

No, the following picture was, what I found despicable 

CC498995-0150-486D-AEEE-4299EA6D6839.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

only if your a weak person

lived here 20 years been most places never been pushed anywhere, get with the program 

The poor chap obviously had his reasons. We all have our limits, I hope you never find yours.