BANGKOK 16 June 2019 14:06
snoop1130

British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

23 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

To those who are trying to make sense of this sad horrific thing.

completing suicide seems rational to the person doing it, and is the best alternative as they see it.

the comments about why in a mall why this why that are perhaps a waste of time n focus.

the overwhelming experience a person has that they see as motivation to kill themselves are myriad.

Interstellar levels of self-loathing is nearly always a component of suicidal people whether they complete or not.

in the case of serious and or terminal illness such loathing and self hatred usually excludes this thinking and associated emotions.

if you are having despairing thoughts or notice a friend taking high risks or withdrawing or letting go of self care then ask them with intent are they feeling ok.

its okay to talk about self harm thinking with and to others.

talking about, broaching the subject with a despairing person does not encourage or initiate self harm episodes, quite the contrary😊

men are far more likely to self harm then women. So go talk to your mates.

You are on the money here.  Often people try to rationalise why someone did something.  You cannot apply normal thinking to an abnormal situation.  You'll just chase your tail forever.  Depression is just one example of mental illness, people do things when they are depressed and asked later why they did it, the answer is usually, "I don't know, I wasn't thinking straight".  Schizophrenia is another often misunderstood illness.  A lot of these people "constantly" have voices in their heads demanding self-harm or suicide, maybe just maybe an opportunity presented its self just at that time, only the poor person lying on the floor will probably ever know the truth.  RIP

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

You have no understanding either.

i understand enough not to be doing that in public in front of women and young children. he could of taken a large number of pills if he want to die in private.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomahawk21 said:

i understand enough not to be doing that in public in front of women and young children. he could of taken a large number of pills if he want to die in private.

Perhaps it was a spur of the moment thing - he saw the opportunity and he took it. Thinking about whether it would upset the kiddies probably wasn't at the forefront of his mind

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The poor chap obviously had his reasons. We all have our limits, I hope you never find yours.

i will not, im made of stronger stuff. however i do agree with you, my point is why do it in such a public place, seeing that sort of thing could have serious knock on effects in peoples lives. he could of topped himself in private.

• Like 1

In Japan where suicide is common, they actually have common suicide spots listed such as the scary Aokigahara Forest (Sea of Trees as in the movie ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara.

Sometimes they are in picturesque places such as  Kegon Falls,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegon_Falls

https://triplelights.com/blog/beautiful-scary-suicide-r-1924

Scary but true unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Tomahawk21 said:

i will not, im made of stronger stuff. however i do agree with you, my point is why do it in such a public place, seeing that sort of thing could have serious knock on effects in peoples lives. he could of topped himself in private.

You are assuming that people who are suicidal have clear rational thoughts. They do not. Try and get your head around that.

Suicides are mostly done in lonely places away from the eyes of others. Those that are attempted in public are typically cries for help or attention which often dont succeed. The rooftop and public location jumps we hear so much about in thailand are suspect imo.

• Confused 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:31 AM, Skallywag said:

How do they know he was not pushed over the railing?  These news articles are very short on facts....

A simple statement of "witnesses observed" or "CCTV captured video of" would add some validity to the story 

On another forums it mentions witness statements which indicated he jumped.

The domino effect can be deadly: Financial setback; wife booms your friend; wife files for divorce; the stress makes you ill; your dog gets killed; no one cares; and then - "it will be over in seconds."

On 5/16/2019 at 7:30 PM, fforest1 said:

Why would some one jump INSIDE a mall?

To be a spectacle 

6 hours ago, grifbel said:

In Japan where suicide is common, they actually have common suicide spots listed such as the scary Aokigahara Forest (Sea of Trees as in the movie ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara.

Sometimes they are in picturesque places such as  Kegon Falls,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegon_Falls

https://triplelights.com/blog/beautiful-scary-suicide-r-1924

Scary but true unfortunately.

Agreed and well noted by grifbel.  

This man had a "choice," a choice he made that rests with ONLY him and his god...we and our opinions are completely irrelevant because he cannot hear them.  

Authorities in every country should allow places where people can go to commit suicide rather than forcing them to jump or hang or something else horrible

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 7:13 AM, AlexRich said:

Another sad Pattaya tale. Remember he was a cute little baby once, with a mother and a father, who would never have imagined that this is where he’d end up. Mental illness is real and this is pretty tragic.

Really the best post here.

• Like 1

Really the best post here.
Not everyone who commits suicide has mental illness
  • Like 1

He either had health problems that was too much to live with, or mental health issues like depression, hope he’s in a better place now. Apparently death is not the end.