British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I tried it for a couple of days when I had appendicitis; I must admit when I was finally wheeled to the theatre I really didn't much fancy waking up again.  So, I know what you mean.

Funnily enough I was going to add that to my submission- I should have done and then I wouldn't have been shot right between the eyes with friendly fire????????

So are you seriously suggesting that folk who are unfortunate enough to have appendicitis actually consider suicide  ?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

So are you seriously suggesting that folk who are unfortunate enough to have appendicitis actually consider suicide  ?

Eh!!!!!!  Put the grog down.

I am agreeing with the poster that severe pain is unbearable and could easily be a reason why someone might not be able to cope any longer.

People with appendicitis should go immediately to hospital, since left untreated they will likely die of complications.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:29 PM, MickeyDelux said:

He most certainly fell to his death. Perhaps he jumped over the barrier? Or once over the barrier he jumped into the emptiness? But in either case it was the fall and associated sudden stop, aka impact, that lead to his demise. I have a fear of concrete or concrete like hard surfaces, so jumping to my death is out the question for me, unless I was to jump into water, and since I've always been a great swimmer, this wouldn't be a option for me either. I am curious about the charcoal method one poster referred to. But the idea of eating a bunch of charcoal isn't very appealing to begin with then when some unlucky bloke finds me, he'll see the black charcoal crumbs around my mouth and figure I ate chocolate cake until I died. Not the legacy, I , a former bulimic and compulsive fitness  guru want to leave behind. 

You don't eat the charcoal to kill yourself.. A Thai girl done it not long ago she sat in her car and lit the charcoal inside of the car and went to sleep.

I was initially saddened until I noticed something looking at the view from above someone posted and I realised somebody could have easily walked into the path of the falling body which would assuredly killed them or even more terrifying, a child. If it was indeed a suicide and NOT an accident I have this message to you in the beyond “you sir are a completely selfish moron for endangering others in your bid to end yourself” A note to those who are reading this thread and who happen upon my post and are contemplating doing the same thing. In any attempts to off yourself make sure there is absolutely zero chance of killing, hurting or maiming ANY living creature on your exit from this life. Indeed try not to let anyone witness it either. Make sure the life you are ending is ONLY your own!

On 5/16/2019 at 10:37 PM, P Funk said:

Seriously, why all the jumping... must be terrifying on the way down plus it is traumatic to the witnesses. Why not just OD. I often think that the method in Soylent Green would be best... surround yourself with positive images and music of your choice, then sleep......

its impossible to just jump at any place in this mall central as he would have had to study where to jump from as he would have wanted to jump from a high spot WITHOUT and obsticles in the way on the way down and it is only in a few places that he could do that , so i believe he would have studied before jumping where was the best spot , can you imagine walking round thinking , oh well i cant jump there as there is a stall selling stuff there or an escalator there (although the last person who jumped there landed on the bottom of the escalator)  so it was pre thought out , ALSO he must have gone down head first as his neck was broken and arms and legs , his head would have hit the concrete first breaking his neck and also if he put out his hands to lessen the impact it would have broken his arms with his legs next so this fits the bill, he must have been on drugs also and found out at last that he cannot fly , disgusting doing it in front of shoppers possibly eating in restraunts and children witnessing it , bad karma 

I was initially saddened until I noticed something looking at the view from above someone posted and I realised somebody could have easily walked into the path of the falling body which would assuredly killed them or even more terrifying, a child. If it was indeed a suicide and NOT an accident I have this message to you in the beyond “you sir are a completely selfish moron for endangering others in your bid to end yourself” A note to those who are reading this thread and who happen upon my post and are contemplating doing the same thing. In any attempts to off yourself make sure there is absolutely zero chance of killing, hurting or maiming ANY living creature on your exit from this life. Indeed try not to let anyone witness it either. Make sure the life you are ending is ONLY your own!
He probably checked first. Central festival isn't busy recently

This is most likely a fall due to a weak or non existant railing. Very common on condo balconies as well.

Likely has nothing to do with the guy being depressed or suicidal, but rather substandard conditions and safety issues that many foreigners arent used to.

Imagine if he landed on someone walking down below, 70+ kg landing on someone from that height would break many bones if not killing them.

22 hours ago, fhickson said:

This is most likely a fall due to a weak or non existant railing. Very common on condo balconies as well.

Likely has nothing to do with the guy being depressed or suicidal, but rather substandard conditions and safety issues that many foreigners arent used to.

This is a pretty new Mall and there are railings where they need to be. Still, leaning over one downward to a serious drop is unnerving, I took a look last night. One would have to do this deliberately  if tomfoolery was not a factor.

On another site I saw video footage where he had climbed over the barrier and was hanging on - appeared to be talking/arguing with someone for a time.

Very selfish location to choose - could easily have killed a child, possibly an adult. And a horrible thing for others to witness, especially those eating a meal.

Its claimed he was potless but its begs the question just what is the situation regards your own embassy when people are destitute and over staying on visas.

Now before someone screams Embassies are not there to bail out people I agree entirely but surely there must be a mechanism to help these people out.

Archived