British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

snoop1130

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Lighten up fella,I agree it was a selfish thing to do.there is no need to bring my child into it.

talking about bodies crashing into each other,my fist is about the size of your head so it's good you've got the the protection from behind your keyboard.

Why so agro dude?

The poster prolly doesn't know whether you have a kid or not. Oh, my farts are prolly deadlier than your huge fists... so be careful cos the fart is deadlier than the fist.

Suicides are the last desperate act to end what that person considers is worth ending. They see no other way out. We often never know the real reason, just that they were 'depressed'. It goes beyond depression as that person sees no value or worth in their existence, as sad as that seems. It's final, ultimate and tragic, and it's extremely unlikely that just at the time of the event that person is thinking rationally as to where they might land or on whom. At their very lowest ebb, all that's in their mind is ending it, here and now. Selfish? Some say so. But we can't really know until we've been there.

9 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How does the ambulance make money if the victim is dead and can't pay for the ambulance?

And thst is why we will need comprehensive health insurance for non O-A visas. Who pays for all the foreigners doung the Swan Song?

Seriously, with the value of the bht over the last 6-7 years I can understand the stress of many....

2 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

And thst is why we will need comprehensive health insurance for non O-A visas. Who pays for all the foreigners doung the Swan Song?

Seriously, with the value of the bht over the last 6-7 years I can understand the stress of many....

The exchange rate is absolutely shocking right now, the lowest it's ever been in the past 6 years. But it wasn't bad about 2 years ago or so, that's when things went down and down.

Anyway, if someone has money issues, it's time to book a plane ticket back to their home country and stay there for good.

Poor guy. Fancy being that desperate. Unfortunately no consideration for the weaknesses of his messy exit. Money? Health? Loneliness? Lost love?  One book of Thai holiday memories I read described the departure Lounge of a Bangkok International Airport as the saddest place in the world. Perhaps he didn't want to there.  Depression drives people to desperate ends.  

How do they know he was not pushed over the railing?  These news articles are very short on facts....

A simple statement of "witnesses observed" or "CCTV captured video of" would add some validity to the story 

24 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How does the ambulance make money if the victim is dead and can't pay for the ambulance?

According to the Thai people I have discussed this with, there is an obvious possible answer to this question which may explain why he didn't have his passport on him. Possibly not in this case, but apparently many ambulance drivers or other First Responders just help themselves. Yet one more reason not to wander around with a real Rolex watch, a pocket full of cash and a neck full of gold in this land of smiles.

But perhaps he was just so distracted by his unhappiness that he was not thinking about such things. There but for the grace of.....etc.

4 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yet one more reason not to wander around with a real Rolex watch, a pocket full of cash and a neck full of gold in this land of smiles.

Why not? I've seen many Thai people in Pattaya walking around flashing their gold on themselves. One Thai dude was with his wife and daughter eating at a restaurant at Central Festival with a big gold necklace, gold bracelet, gold ring and a gold watch. He wasn't scared of getting robbed.

I haven't been to the venue but from the picture it looks similar to the Central Plaza no far from me. Very sad and 50 years young too. I cannot imagine what the world looks like to this type of person, dark and no hope. My condolences to any family he leaves behind.

Interesting. Almost all comments here accept/assume suicide. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe he leaned on a railing and fell over. Maybe he parked his butt on it and ..... . Maybe he suffered a seizure or blackout before falling.

24 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

How do they know he was not pushed over the railing?  These news articles are very short on facts....

A simple statement of "witnesses observed" or "CCTV captured video of" would add some validity to the story 

I think you need to read the reports (both of them) again. You'll find witnesses were indeed quoted.

31 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

7 minutes ago, neeray said:

Interesting. Almost all comments here accept/assume suicide. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe he leaned on a railing and fell over. Maybe he parked his butt on it and ..... . Maybe he suffered a seizure or blackout before falling.

You both need to read the article again. Maybe you missed it the 1st time or forgot what you read. This quote might help: "A vendor near the site on the sixth floor said she noticed a foreigner trying to climb over the barrier, but had let go by the time she got to him."

1 hour ago, gmac said:
13 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Why would some one jump INSIDE a mall?

If you're going to jump why not?  It's so easy to climb over the low barriers and none of the hassle of trying to get up to the roof.

Not another "the barriers are too low" comment.   

I'm 6' 1" and have never in the 10+ years I've lived here seen a balcony or shopping mall barrier that was low enough to accidentally fall over, unless you really really did something stupid like lean over trying to look at what was on the floor beneath you or something.   

Of course you can climb over them, but you can do that on barriers all over the world.    But just standing next to one and then toppling over because 'they are too low' is ludicrous, unless the person is freakishly tall and leaning too far over.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Another selfish mofo who jumps in public and don't give a f..... about everyone else around them, especially all the small kids around. They will be scarred for life seeing the dead body and blood of yet another suicide done in public.

Kids are seeing blood and guts all the time here, what with the horrific road toll, people shooting and maiming each other over jealousy etc. Hardly think a jumper is going to "scar them for life".

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Very rude and selfish. Kill yourself fine, but don't place it where it will subject others to see, especially children. Not cool!

Do you honestly think that someone bent on killing themselves is thinking rationally?

46 minutes ago, neeray said:

He was seen climbing over the railing.

40 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

You both need to read the article again. Maybe you missed it the 1st time or forgot what you read. This quote might help: "A vendor near the site on the sixth floor said she noticed a foreigner trying to climb over the barrier, but had let go by the time she got to him."

Ok pal. I admit it. I just read the TVF/OP post. Sorry we upset you.

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Yeah right kids seeing people shot to death all the time. That's idiotic

I'm pointing out that suicides, murder, bodily injury, domestic violence, rape etc are daily occurrences in Thailand. What's the difference between a child witnessing a horrific car or motorbike accident than a suicide?

Archived