British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Do you honestly think that someone bent on killing themselves is thinking rationally?

Should be some sense there unless he has a let them (Thai) all see me squashed, as they did this to me. So yes, within reason as to the location he picked. But in reality no, I had an old friend jump in front of a semi truck in the states years ago.

Maybe this is because of immigration problems?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

British man jumps to his death

Another tragedy. How often does this happen? It seems too often. Is there an agency that looks into the root causes, which we can all ponder to make an educated guess about, then tries to come up with an intervention or prevention plan?

1 minute ago, Jimdandy said:

Another tragedy. How often does this happen? It seems too often. Is there an agency that looks into the root causes, which we can all ponder to make an educated guess about, then tries to come up with an intervention or prevention plan?

How do you control what happens to a person in their life, be it unhappy relationships, money problems or illness? The reasons for suicide are manifold.

if a person is determined to kill themselves for what ever reason whether it be jumping off a Condo Mall or what ever building  there is not much one can do 

they have made  their mind up to go through with it 

don't want to seen as  Pessimistic  but there will no doubt be more doing the same  in the future 

Just now, madmen said:

For suicide its the only yardstick

What are you on about? There are many ways to kill yourself besides jumping, and  then it could be from any floor that's going to do the job, 4,5,6 etc.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What are you on about? There are many ways to kill yourself besides jumping, and  then it could be from any floor that's going to do the job, 4,5,6 etc.

He chose the highest..rational thinking !!!

13 hours ago, DD13 said:

Always tragic to hear of these happenings....

Central Shopping Mall chosen again....

Time for the owners to look at ways of deterring these sad events

A Start with higher ballustrades etc. maybe

RIP 

even putting higher ballustrades up wont stop them they will turn up with climbing gear on 

1 minute ago, Jimdandy said:

One example is similar to the progress made in HIV research. You can still have unsafe sex or be infected and not disclose it. Your choice for sure.  Now there are options for many many people. Same with suicide intervention. It's not about controlling anybody, it's about providing resources to raise their awareness of option available if they decide to explore them.

Thee are suicide hotlines just about everywhere, but if a person is hell bent on ending it all nothing is going to stop them.

23 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The bystanders have absolutely no manners or respect; wondering what they do with the photographs they all took with their smart phones. Absolutely disgusting and despicable! 

I'm unclear what kind of respect for the body is required in the event of a very public suicide. Would respect include limiting speculation and reserving judgments without fact on a public forum? 

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

You both need to read the article again. Maybe you missed it the 1st time or forgot what you read. This quote might help: "A vendor near the site on the sixth floor said she noticed a foreigner trying to climb over the barrier, but had let go by the time she got to him."

If the posts were made after reading the OP, neither poster would have been able to read that information. It was not given until a later post. 

2 hours ago, Penicillin said:

If your going to “off yourself” , do it where you don’t put others at risk either physically or emotionally.  Very selfish and disturbed man. 

I doubt that he was thinking about others, whatever made him do it was his only thought

2 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

I'm unclear what kind of respect for the body is required in the event of a very public suicide. 

I don't see it as disrespect, after all, the guy is dead, he doesn't care, but rather what is the motivation that compels people to photograph such a horrific event, and it's not only suicides, Thais have a morbid fascination with photographing horrific accidents as well.

14 minutes ago, shackleton said:

if a person is determined to kill themselves for what ever reason whether it be jumping off a Condo Mall or what ever building  there is not much one can do 

they have made  their mind up to go through with it 

don't want to seen as  Pessimistic  but there will no doubt be more doing the same  in the future 

it seems to be a more popular option nowadays to jump from the high floor of a shopping mall and give people entertainment , its a good job there is no cafe at bottom serving food it might put them off their food . seen a few stories now on shopping mall jumps they trying to do a cartwheel and tuck before hitting the hard concrete floor , the usual thing before shopping mall jumps was to jump off a high rise condo and usually it was at 2.30 am - 5 am when the security guard usually hears a loud thump with pigeons flying everywhere , then he usually finds a big lump on the floor in the darkness now its in broad daylight in a shopping mall they are getting more daring just shows you if your on the ground floor keep looking up if one of those guys lands on you it could be curtains for you also , these are selfish people to do it so openly if a child had been wandering around on the ground floor and seen it , this could have been really upsetting for the child , whats wrong with the old painless method of taking an overdose on your bed ?

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I don't see it as disrespect, after all, the guy is dead, he doesn't care, but rather what is the motivation that compels people to photograph such a horrific event, and it's not only suicides, Thais have a morbid fascination with photographing horrific accidents as well.

Personally, I think everyone is fascinated by mortality, some cultures are just less reserved in their indulgence of the fascination. 

I am amazed by so many morbid or unthinking, brash sentiments expressed on this topic. Suicide is a tragic method used by people who see no other alternative and reached the end of rationality in dealing with a personal crisis. Instead of dwelling on the ugly, gory details, why don’t more of us consider what drove this poor soul to kill himself?  Even at the youngish age of 50, wouldn’t it be conceivable that he might have had a terminal disease?  Many people in this situation certainly must give suicide some careful thought, when they might not see any other measures to overcome their diagnosis or have circumstances, such as loneliness or poverty that accentuate their dire situation. Have a heart, friends!

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

There are some sick puppies in this world who get off taking these photo's

Look at the one for this article, some clown had to draw in an over size arrow pointing to the body

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

Personally, I think everyone is fascinated by mortality, some cultures are just less reserved in their indulgence of the fascination. 

So, it just gave the crowd something to talk about when they got home and show the pics to prove it.

33 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The bystanders have absolutely no manners or respect; wondering what they do with the photographs they all took with their smart phones. Absolutely disgusting and despicable! 

Did you look at the photo in the O.P.?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So, it just gave the crowd something to talk about when they got home and show the pics to prove it.

Yup. People photo document the most banal aspects of their lives online these days, It only stands to reason something like a corpse in a shopping mall would be considered worthy of sharing. 

3 minutes ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

OK, it maybe very sad that someone has taken there own life. But totally selfish and very lucky

he did not take someone with him. can you imagine if a child was walking to the escalator and he lands on them.  

How often does that happen, a suicide jumper actually landing on someone?

Archived