British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

snoop1130

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, the roads are dangerous , but that doesnt make jumping off a balcony to be any safer for the people that one may potentially land on 

You could get hit by an asteroid, better to stay indoors, always. You can't protect people from every eventuality.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You could get hit by an asteroid, better to stay indoors, always. You can't protect people from every eventuality.

No, you cannot protect "everyone from every eventuality " , but you CAN protect people from getting hit by a balcony jumper !!!!!!!!

You seem to have adopted the Thai mentality of *Youre going to die anyway, so, dont care about anything*

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, you cannot protect "everyone from every eventuality " , but you CAN protect people from getting hit by a balcony jumper !!!!!!!!

You seem to have adopted the Thai mentality of *Youre going to die anyway, so, dont care about anything*

Tell me how you are going to protect them. By making it impossible to jump? What about high rise buildings, are all the balconies going to be caged in? Honestly, where do you stop? You could be walking past a condo block and be hit by a jumper. You drive on the roads every day don't you without thinking you are going to be killed, yet there is a far greater chance of that happening than having someone fall on you at a mall. Really, if it's such a concern to you  suggest that you avoid shopping centres at all costs until you feel satisfied that you're safe.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Probably to post it onto their Instagram so they can get more Instagram followers, or to sell it to a news outlet and make a few bucks.

..ghouls, and should be prosecuted for sharing such images of the deceased.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just to identify the real risks.

https://www.wired.com/2013/02/asteroid-odds/

But I could find no statistics for being hurt by a suicide jumper falling on you.  Therefore I would conclude that you are more likely to be hit by an asteroid so hence giddyup's comment has a sound basis. However best to bet both ways and if you are indoors, stay away from high landings or underneath upper floor projections just in case.????.  In fact both Central stores and Swampy should have signs warning of potential jumpers perhaps.

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Just to identify the real risks.

https://www.wired.com/2013/02/asteroid-odds/

But I could find no statistics for being hurt by a suicide jumper falling on you.  Therefore I would conclude that you are more likely to be hit by an asteroid so hence giddyup's comment has a sound basis. However best to bet both ways and if you are indoors, stay away from high landings or underneath upper floor projections just in case.????.  In fact both Central stores and Swampy should have signs warning of potential jumpers perhaps.

20614-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Tell me how you are going to protect them. By making it impossible to jump? What about high rise buildings, are all the balconies going to be caged in? Honestly, where do you stop? You could be walking past a condo block and be hit by a jumper. You drive on the roads every day don't you without thinking you are going to be killed, yet there is a far greater chance of that happening than having someone fall on you at a mall. Really, if it's such a concern to you  suggest that you avoid shopping centres at all costs until you feel satisfied that you're safe.

Yes, there are dangers everywhere and in many situations , people jumping from balconies in public spaces with people walking about down below adds to them dangers .

And no I will not be taking your advice and staying at home to avoid getting hit by asteroids or balcony jumpers , but I shall a stay under the above walkways in shopping centers and try not to walk under balconies , yes , it would probably never happen (getting hit by a jumper) , but no point in taking unnecessary risks 

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, there are dangers everywhere and in many situations , people jumping from balconies in public spaces with people walking about down below adds to them dangers .

And no I will not be taking your advice and staying at home to avoid getting hit by asteroids or balcony jumpers , but I shall a stay under the above walkways in shopping centers and try not to walk under balconies , yes , it would probably never happen (getting hit by a jumper) , but no point in taking unnecessary risks 

Better stop driving/riding as well, far more risk involved than being hit by a jumper.

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

He must be broke or has an issue with a lady.

From the many many many possibilities how do you know that?

Why do you make assumptions based on no evidence and present it to a public forum?

Oh its because you have a small mind, Ok I understand.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Better stop driving/riding as well, far more risk involved than being hit by a jumper.

I'v never heard of anyone getting eaten by a tiger whilst trying to have sex with it , therefore it must be safe and theres more chance of getting hit by a car , so I'm going to break into the zoo tonight and have a night of passion with tigger .

Just concerned about getting hit by an asteroid though 

4 minutes ago, Miss Pickle said:

Very sad lucky he never hit someone at the bottom Pattaya is definitely not a Happy place for some people.

Ive never heard of anyone ever hitting anyone, do you have any examples to cite? 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I'v never heard of anyone getting eaten by a tiger whilst trying to have sex with it , therefore it must be safe and theres more chance of getting hit by a car , so I'm going to break into the zoo tonight and have a night of passion with tigger .

What I'm saying is that the risks of being on Thai roads are infinitely greater than being hit by a jumper, that's a fact, yet you choose to do that often I imagine, so why are you so concerned about the odd suicide in a shopping mall? Your analogy about the tiger makes no sense.

Just now, sanemax said:

If its ok with you can I take some photos please ? 1:250,000 are the odds from dying from an asteroid strike. Obviously if you can agree just a short time with Tigger, then the odds are far better for you.

But FYI just read this;

The Thai Penal Code states:

Section 381 Whoever, cruelly ill-treats or kills an animal with unnecessary sufferings, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one month or fined not exceeding one thousand Baht, or both.

Under Thailand’s Animal Welfare Act, which was new in 2014 and considered a landmark move, those who have sex with animals will face a year in prison and a fine of up to Bt20,000.

However, as with UK law, there is nothing we can find to suggest that putting ones genitals in a dead pig’s mouth will get you into legal trouble in Thailand.  ????

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What I'm saying is that the risks of being on Thai roads are infinitely greater than being hit by a jumper, that's a fact, yet you choose to do that often I imagine, so why are you so concerned about the odd suicide in a shopping mall? Your analogy about the tiger makes no sense.

Yes, I agree that the roads are more dangerous , I have not disputed that .

My point is that jumpers still put the people below in danger .

I am not overtly concerned about myself getting hit by a jumper , the probabilities are minimal of it happened to me , but I am not just concerned about myself .

My point being that theres slim possibility of a jumper landing on someone and it will eventually happen 

1 minute ago, Magenta408 said:

Were they reporting on the frequency of these type of events before I retired. I don't seem to recall seeing as much mayhem a decade ago but times have changed globally. It's a rough world out there. 

Perhaps before they just got swept under the carpet. They have tiles now so have to put in body bags ????????????

16 hours ago, mike787 said:

AGAIN!!!  Jumping, stabbed by thai woman, and motorbike deaths...it's constant here...don't even care anymore.  Whatever...welcome to lovely Thailand...don't forget to do your 90 day report to mom.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and step back from the ledge.  You sound very stressed.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I once tripped on an escalator and dug my shin into the sharp steel edge of the stairs. 

And it hurt like hell for weeks. Looks like this guy hit those sharp edges from a considerable height....poor chap.

Escalators should be banned. Children have been maimed and killed by them, probably more than from falling jumpers.

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Another selfish mofo who jumps in public and don't give a f..... about everyone else around them, especially all the small kids around. They will be scarred for life seeing the dead body and blood of yet another suicide done in public.

Don't exaggerate. When he decided to jump the whole universe ended for him, why should he worry about bleeding on the floor, kids can see that every day on the roads.

4 minutes ago, grifbel said:

Calm down, take a deep breath, and step back from the ledge.  You sound very stressed.

Don't walk about in London without your stab proof vest and watch out for the handbag snatchers on scooters. He must think he has left paradise.

16 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

Were they reporting on the frequency of these type of events before I retired. I don't seem to recall seeing as much mayhem a decade ago but times have changed globally. It's a rough world out there. 

You like to repeat things, so maybe you needed them to report it twice before you noticed?

Let me repeat that in case you missed it,

You like to repeat things, so maybe you needed them to report it twice before you noticed?

????

Archived