British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Escalators should be banned. Children have been maimed and killed by them, probably more than from falling jumpers.

I do realise that you are being sarcastic , but escalators are a convenience and a  necessity for some , and therefore shouldnt be banned (even if there do pose a minimal risk) 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ChipButty said:
7 hours ago, onera1961 said:

What is the charcoal method? 

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Common method in Thailand I think it's the fumes off the charcoal

Carbon monoxide poisoning due to burning charcoal in an enclosed space to be precise.

It's a common cause of accidental deaths, so be warned!

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do realise that you are being sarcastic , but escalators are a convenience and a  necessity for some , and therefore shouldnt be banned (even if there do pose a minimal risk) 

No, no, I want to see everything that poses any kind of danger or health hazard banned. Are there metal detectors at the malls? There's always the possibility of a mad gunman or knife wielding maniac running amok.

7 hours ago, neeray said:

Interesting. Almost all comments here accept/assume suicide. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe he leaned on a railing and fell over. Maybe he parked his butt on it and ..... . Maybe he suffered a seizure or blackout before falling.

We are assuming suicide because...we don't want to assume he leaned and fell over because you would probably say he should not have been near the railing...we don't want to assume he '...parked his butt...' because you'd probably say it was a stupid place to park one's butt and we have no medical evidence to assume he had a seizure. Hey why stop there? Why not assume a freak gust of wind blew him over? Ha!

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, no, I want to see everything that poses any kind of danger or health hazard banned. Are there metal detectors at the malls? There's always the possibility of a mad gunman or knife wielding maniac running amok.

When you continue with your sarcasm , some people will not understand that you are not being serious and will reply in seriousness to your sarcasm .

There becomes a time where serious and sarcastic posts merge and no one ones which is which .

At least you could put a wry smile smily in your post , so posters know which is which

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I agree that the roads are more dangerous , I have not disputed that .

My point is that jumpers still put the people below in danger .

I am not overtly concerned about myself getting hit by a jumper , the probabilities are minimal of it happened to me , but I am not just concerned about myself .

My point being that theres slim possibility of a jumper landing on someone and it will eventually happen 

Would be a lot better if the entire shopping mall design premise was changed.   Open floors where shoppers traverse from shop to shop should be on the outside of the building street side.  That way jumpers could fling themselves off into the streets below thus not causing undue inconvenience to the shopping public.

9 hours ago, Emdog said:

RIP

"...rushed to a nearby hospital though he was declared dead at the scene."

Ahem. I may be off on this, but ambulance biz is lucrative and competitive. Could the rush have less to do with victims state of being and more with $$ incentives all around?

Unnnmmm who pays the fees, unidentified person 

18 hours ago, P Funk said:

Seriously, why all the jumping... must be terrifying on the way down plus it is traumatic to the witnesses. Why not just OD. I often think that the method in Soylent Green would be best... surround yourself with positive images and music of your choice, then sleep......

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly.

did you know that the Soylent Green machine that you are referring to has been invented? likely this will be offered as a way out for those who will take it when life will imitate art; which should be any minute now!

11 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

RPI too young to die.   I wonder if the new insurance rules had anything to do with it?

Prefixing your comment with RPI (sic) doesn’t prevent it from being insensitive, inappropriate, and quite frankly, extremely crass 

12 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

RPI too young to die.   I wonder if the new insurance rules had anything to do with it?

Presume you mean RIP? If so I agree with you, and as his age is not known, one could say that anyone is too young to die in these circumstances.

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Thee are suicide hotlines just about everywhere, but if a person is hell bent on ending it all nothing is going to stop them.

I think everybody knows that already. I am not looking for a back and forth.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, fforest1 said:

Why would some one jump INSIDE a mall?

Why would some one questioning that? … 

21 hours ago, P Funk said:

Seriously, why all the jumping... must be terrifying on the way down plus it is traumatic to the witnesses. Why not just OD. I often think that the method in Soylent Green would be best... surround yourself with positive images and music of your choice, then sleep......

You describe rational thinking something that is not present with the one who seriously wants to end his or her own life ... 

21 hours ago, mike787 said:

AGAIN!!!  Jumping, stabbed by thai woman, and motorbike deaths...it's constant here...don't even care anymore.  Whatever...welcome to lovely Thailand...don't forget to do your 90 day report to mom.

Can you give an expample - just one - a location on this planet where those and-/or similar  incidents are totally absence?

Bet you can't … :whistling:

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Antarctica.

A location not containing humans doesn't Count as we know whales and seals doens't drive motorbikes - try again … :thumbsup:

Maybe he didn't think clearly, but choosing a mall where families with kids will be watching and probably end up with nightmares because of this is a very selfish thing to do.  There are other ways.  RIP. 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe he didn't think clearly, but choosing a mall where families with kids will be watching and probably end up with nightmares because of this is a very selfish thing to do.  There are other ways.  RIP. 

Selfishness, rational thinking, empaty - you name it doesn.t exist with a person taking his own life - the act itself is just a sad result of focusing on a wrong solution which appear to be the right and only thing to do independent when or where ...

RIP

On 5/16/2019 at 7:30 PM, fforest1 said:

Why would some one jump INSIDE a mall?

cos he is sad,sick,and selfish why would you do that in front of other people like young children and women i have no sympathy for these types of people.

12 hours ago, Skallywag said:

How do they know he was not pushed over the railing?  These news articles are very short on facts....

A simple statement of "witnesses observed" or "CCTV captured video of" would add some validity to the story 

Witnesses.

Another one. Further proof of what living here can do to you. Thailand can destroy you, mentally, physically and financially. All we can ask is, did he fall or was he pushed? There must have been witnesses in a store like that. Horrible way to go, seeing the ground rushing towards you must seem like an eternity, like the apparent slow motion experienced in a car crash... then splat! RIP.

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Another one. Further proof of what living here can do to you. Thailand can destroy you, mentally, physically and financially. All we can ask is, did he fall or was he pushed? Horrible way to go, seeing the ground rushing towards you must seem like an eternity, like the apparent slow motion experienced in a car crash... then splat! RIP.

And you think it is only in Thailand that people commit suicide ?

12 hours ago, neeray said:

Interesting. Almost all comments here accept/assume suicide. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe he leaned on a railing and fell over. Maybe he parked his butt on it and ..... . Maybe he suffered a seizure or blackout before falling.

"Nobody knows for sure"?

Maybe the quoted witness was just making it up, eh?...

"A vendor near the site on the sixth floor said she noticed a foreigner trying to climb over the barrier, but had let go by the time she got to him".

Archived