The Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons reveals why he turned down another season of the show

snoop1130

The Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons reveals why he turned down another season of the show

BY JOE ANDERTON

1483885363-holiday-summation-big-bang.png

CBS

Today is the day that The Big Bang Theory airs its final ever episode in the United States, bringing to an end 12 seasons and over 200 episodes of stories.

The writers and producers were keen to do more (and we're sure the networks definitely wanted more), but it was Sheldon Cooper actor Jim Parsons who said he thought it was time to wrap it up.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the star said: "It was the first time in my life of doing this show that it occurred to me that I might want to not do another contract after [season] 12 was up.

"I don't know if it's because I'm an Aries or just because maybe I'm in touch with myself. Whatever it is, once I had that thought, I was like, 'Well, that's your answer.'

Full Story: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27488546/the-big-bang-theory-jim-parsons-why-turned-down-season-13/

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Probably because he already made more money than he can spend in 2 lifetimes...

With a reported salary near $1 million per episode, Parsons—along with his four original costars Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki, Kunal Nayyar, and Simon Helberg—stood to make more than $50 million including profits if he agreed to stay on TBBT for two more years, which is what CBS was trying to negotiate. https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a22809256/why-big-bang-theory-ended-jim-parsons/

200 x $1 million = $200 million

Heck, Donald Trump has lost that in a year.

9 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

The show started great with COMEDY but the last seasons from 8 on I think started showing too much DRAMA and PC crap. 

We came to laugh, not see stupid emotions in the characters and FEELINGS.  

Every series has an end, which they usually pass. Even MASH was well past it's best by date when they finally pulled the plug.

They all start well, with actually funny comedy, and then degenerate into PC and mush. For some reason, writers think getting the characters to get married and have babies is a good idea, but I do not. Remember Friends? Used to be funny, then it was not, but the beast would not die.

I think the people involved get scared and think that was the only chance they had to get rich, which is why they keep on regardless. Going by what happened to the Friends actors after, a well deserved fear.

Archived