BANGKOK 24 June 2019 18:46
joe234234

Need Advice: Starve to Death on the Street or Go to Jail?

Sorry in advance, this is a dark post.

So I've been a digital nomad in CM for a few years. Recently lost my job, and in a real tight pinch.

Have been overstay now for a few months, because of money problems.

Down to the last few baht. So my question is:

What should I do? I'm a very capable with computers, but can't seem to find online work now.

Considering just turning myself in to get deported back to USA. At least can eat, right?

Do they give food to you in jail?

• Confused 1

Can't be that bad if he is desperate but not replying

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Take a look at the DN C.M. FB group. I just saw the other day many people posting several websites where they are getting a lot of work.

Yeah, as the others said, I would avoid IDC at all costs. Get some work, raise some Baht, and get to the Airport.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

U have to stay in jail until someone can buy u a ticket I read.  Maybe years?  What happens if farang can not buy a ticket after years?  Anyone know?

45 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

This is bullshiat. The title offers only two options when there are significant others. Asking “Do they give you food in jail?” Shows a level of ignorance hard to believe.

Also just a little research shows turning yourself in does not get you deported unless you have money to pay fine and buy your ticket. People have spent years in IDC. Easy info to find, this person is not competent with computers having had months to work on the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

lol good one

They spend years?  What happens if no one buys a ticket?  Life sentence?

• Confused 1